Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

What tires did you get?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

I got the pilot sport a/s 3s installed. Wow is all I can say. I only have 100 miles on them but everything is better. First off the road noise is much less. Second you feel way more in control as there is much more response. The sidewall is thicker and the rubber goes out from the rim more. Much more stability than the energy saver. I took it out the windy road and traction and stability was insane over the energy saver. Then on the dirt road where I would normally have to get a running start or it would spin drove right up without losing traction once. It also drove nice on gravel. Had I known the energy savers were this bad and made the car handle and drive so much worse than it could I would have tossed them before I drove it off the lot. I'm not a race car driver but the stability of them was rubbish. Wet traction was also terrible. I could take corners faster in my 10k pound 1 ton with mud tires. I'm really curious how these will handle in the wet. I will report back. I would recommend them to anyone that gets new tires. They do not come with as good of warrantee, only 45k instead of 65k but much better tire.

Let us know how they wear in the long run!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 653 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCentral Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi, 34k miles 100.5 MPGe
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

I change the oil and rotate the tires every 7500.

Unless you are running a vast majority of the time on ICE, the oil change is too often.

Your car keeps track of ICE usage and will tell you (oil life) when you need to change it. It's side benefit of using your EV... You can see your oil life on the left read out OR in a vehicle report.

178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]
Ordered: 10-Jan-2013   Built: 24-May-2013   Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#23 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 653 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCentral Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi, 34k miles 100.5 MPGe
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

Nitrogen is a waste of money...  unless you are in NASCAR. Consumer Reports and other will tell you that. If you think about it, the atmophere is above 70% Nitrogen already, so you are not getting much more.

I run my car at 38 PSI and have pressure caps so I know they are at that pressure.

31k miles and still on the originals (minus one that took a nail and covered under road hazard).

Might try calling Ford customer service or chatting up a Ford service rep on these boards.

• Blastphemy likes this

178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]
Ordered: 10-Jan-2013   Built: 24-May-2013   Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#24 OFFLINE   Bud

Bud

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

Has the OP suffered decreased mileage with the new tires? The stock tires are complete crap - and I've only put 400 miles on them. I had a set of Hankook Ventus s1 noble2 on my Focus and they felt miles better than these Michelin tires.

#25 OFFLINE   lonzo71

lonzo71

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 278 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC metro
  • Current Vehicle:Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

So...At least 2 would recommend Michelin Premier A/S tires?

#26 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Energi Titanium/ 08 F350
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

I just turned 20k miles on the car and also got the 10k ev award so I'm 50/50. Everyone will say something different. I'm a oil guy. I change oil in my diesel every 3k which holds 16qrts. Fresh oil will help your motor....sure you can change it later but it's not going to help the motor. Also I don't see a change in my mileage. I drive rough terrain so maybe a mpg or something but not noticable.

#27 OFFLINE   rtonsing

rtonsing

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

I put Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires on my 2014 Fusion Hybrid, performance was much better both wet & dry. Fuel mileage dropped about 2 MPG, but it is worth it for the improved safety over the energy savers which slid all the time in the rain.

• jj2me likes this

#28 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Plug-In Titanium

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Almost at 50,000 miles and too near the wear lines so I decided to go ahead and put a new pair of tires on the car. I probably could have gotten another thousand or so miles out the Energy Saver A/S but I can really tell that the car does not track as well as it once did and it is also a bit more noisy than it was. I went back and forth on whether to "upgrade" the tire to the Premier A/S for better wet performance as it can get pretty wet in the South especially on my trips to Florida but I just kept coming back to the Energy Saver being a really solid tire, the best tire I can remember purchasing with a car. Most other cars I have replaced the tire sooner due to performance or noise... but these tires have been very nice.

So I am the happy owner of 4 new Energy Saver A/S tires and the car is back to driving how I remember it driving. What a difference new tires make! :)   

White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In

296525.png

#29 OFFLINE   Kaleido

Kaleido

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMoe Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

I had a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and wore tires out every 30000. 

I had a 2009 VW Jetta and wore tires out every 16000

I'm waiting to see how this 2017 Enregi does, got 3000 on it now.

#30 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Plug-In Titanium

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

I had a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and wore tires out every 30000. 

I had a 2009 VW Jetta and wore tires out every 16000

I'm waiting to see how this 2017 Enregi does, got 3000 on it now.

My previous car was an Acura TL, the car before that was a BMW 5 series... both of those cars munched on tires (my driving probably had a little to do with it :)  ).

I try to keep the tires rotated every 5-8 thousand miles... that seems to keep the wear down. 

White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In

296525.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·