Ford Fusion Energi Forum

prospective owner, a few questions about realistic mpg.

roastbeef

thanks for the help guys. i've also been exploring the tax credit section of this forum and if i can get into a lease at zero down for a base model energi, i may just be able to get into an energi for "free" just based on the tax credit and fuel savings over daily driving my m3.

With a lease you are not eligible for the tax credit.  The leasing company gets the credit.  However most leasing companies will pass the credit through as an incentive.

thanks for the help guys. i've also been exploring the tax credit section of this forum and if i can get into a lease at zero down for a base model energi, i may just be able to get into an energi for "free" just based on the tax credit and fuel savings over daily driving my m3.

a) Nice M3, would love to have one one-day.

b) my 15k mile ave is 66.3mpg ( + about $10-$12 extra in electricity per month)

b) your mpg will depend on how much of your drive is freeway, and how much you "adapt" your driving style to maximize the car. worst ease you will get hybrid economy ~40mpg and save miles on the M3. Save the battery for the city driving, use gas on freeway.

Since I cant afford an M3 as a daily, I have the Energi with 2x car seats, and a 3k C4 for track duty (I see your Willow Springs sticker on the back). I have PIR, The Ridge, ORP, VIR, Spokane

• 1 month later...

well, i ended up with a smart car. $1k down on the lease, state gives back $2,500. i'm allowed 10,000 miles a year, and its $86 a month for 36 months. it is full electric and fits my needs perfectly- its just for the gym and to go to work. fits in the driveway behind the m3 well. i know i don't look cool driving it, but i don't care. i'm already used to people pointing and laughing at the car. i wished things worked out for me in getting a fusion energi, but they are priced a little bit more than i am willing to spend at this time, and i don't need a full size car. maybe when i have a family or something. 

IMG_4361_zps8f214aa5.jpg

thanks rex. i have only been out to willow springs a few times, but i'm fully addicted (bought a set of track wheels/tires after my first track day). i'm waiting for the weather to cool down a bit. i'm hoping to make it up to thunderhill and laguna seca this fall.

Novice%20Straight%20Turn%201%20and%205%2