Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Occupancy Mode?

Blastphemy

In the Titanium with Sony the options are replaced with Stereo / Surround. Shit thing is the Surround option doesn't even stick, accept a call or some other things and it switches back to Stereo and stays there.

Blah blah yeah yeah latest MFT update still doesn't work.

There's a different update the dealership would need to do.  I forgot what module it was, but my surround sound option used to have the same problem, but now it sticks (I had all of the modules updated).

There's a different update the dealership would need to do.  I forgot what module it was, but my surround sound option used to have the same problem, but now it sticks (I had all of the modules updated).

What module fixed this? We recently had the FCIM (physical radio/HVAC buttons) replaced and updated to the newest calibration & the APIM (Sync module which controls MFT screen) updated to the latest calibration per TSBs/SSMs and this issue is not fixed. It is described in more detail here: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5060-stereo-vs-surround-sound/

I don't know.  There's 10 modules in the car.  But now that I've re-read expresspotato's statement, I haven't accepted a call in the car since that update.  It used to go back to stereo mode upon powercycling the car, but that stays now.  I'll have to test it with an inbound phone call and see if it bumps itself back to stereo mode.

I don't know.  There's 10 modules in the car.  But now that I've re-read expresspotato's statement, I haven't accepted a call in the car since that update.  It used to go back to stereo mode upon powercycling the car, but that stays now.  I'll have to test it with an inbound phone call and see if it bumps itself back to stereo mode.

Cycling between a USB iPod & radio will cause it to change too.

OK, curiosity got the better of me, so I went out and tested it.

I tried the following, after setting the system to surround mode (I keep it in stereo mode personally):

Switched radio stations

Muted and unmuted radio

Used my work phone and called my personal

Switched to USB and changed tracks

Switched to Satellite (even though I'm not subscribed, it still plays something)

Switched to Bluetooth stereo

Turned the car off and on in ACC mode

Turned the car off and on in Run mode

Switched sources using the right pad in the right instrument cluster screen

Surround sound sticks.  None of this kicked it back in to stereo mode.  I left it in surround for now.

I had all 10 computers done in one go, so I have no idea which individual module was the one that fixed the issue.  It is safe to say ones like the BECM won't fix it though. :)

When I go back in 2 years for another maintenance, I'll probably have them update all of the modules one more time, and then call it good.

Hmmm...

Today, when I hopped in the car to head over to the cousin's, I was back in stereo mode.  During all of this experimentation, I had done it with the car unplugged.  I had plugged it in today to fully charge the battery (I had it around 60% for about a week since I haven't driven anywhere) and it kicked me back in to regular stereo mode.  I also noticed my ambient lighting on the return trip was back to the default teal color (had it set to purple).

I'm not sure if the act of plugging the car in caused MFT to crash or reset itself, or if it just happened to randomly do it during the week.  I had also cleaned the leather a couple days ago which had me opening and closing all of the doors, which causes MFT to boot up and turn off.

I have my ambient lights set to green now.  Will have to see the next time I drive it if it goes back to teal again.  The ambient lights and the sound system going back to stereo mode may have some kind of correlation.

Hmmm...

Today, when I hopped in the car to head over to the cousin's, I was back in stereo mode.  During all of this experimentation, I had done it with the car unplugged.  I had plugged it in today to fully charge the battery (I had it around 60% for about a week since I haven't driven anywhere) and it kicked me back in to regular stereo mode.  I also noticed my ambient lighting on the return trip was back to the default teal color (had it set to purple).

I'm not sure if the act of plugging the car in caused MFT to crash or reset itself, or if it just happened to randomly do it during the week.  I had also cleaned the leather a couple days ago which had me opening and closing all of the doors, which causes MFT to boot up and turn off.

I have my ambient lights set to green now.  Will have to see the next time I drive it if it goes back to teal again.  The ambient lights and the sound system going back to stereo mode may have some kind of correlation.

There was a fix for the ambient lighting changing colors which called for updating the APIM (TSB 14-0175).

The APIM was updated along with everything else to the latest calibration, but apparently that didn't work.  MFT doesn't crash on me while driving and the ambient lights had stayed purple for weeks, but last night it decided to change back to default.  So, now I changed it to green... we'll see how long it lasts this time.

Charged the car last night and drove to Home Depot today... car was still in surround mode and my ambient lights were still green.  I dunno.  Seems to be completely random.

I do not have the car plugged in at the moment.  Depends on if the plans meld in to heading to the zoo tomorrow and if I'm driving.  :)