Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My ford mobile battery kW used

tsarty17

I was trying to see how many kWh my battery was holding now that I'm at 19k miles. I noticed there was a thread on here about people posting what they were getting. My question is does my ford mobile state the total kWh used that drive including regen or is that what the battery held from one charge? On the trips and trends tab.

MFM will report the kWh used from the HVB during a trip. Be aware that the system doesn't round, it just truncates. So if you see 5.8 kWh in MFM (and on the Trip Summary when turning off the car) that means that 5.800-5.899 kWh were used. The car tracks kWh to many more decimal places than the Trip Summary shows.

Where does the cat keep track. I'm trying to see what the battery is holding.

The car keeps track in the BECM (Battery Energy Control Module). You can view the kWh used in the MyFord Mobile Trip Log. You can also use the Trip Meter on your car to measure how much electricity you take out of the battery. However, the most accurate way is to get an OBDLink MX Bluetooth scanner and download the FORScan app for an Android tablet/phone or for Windows. With that you can read all the Ford sensors. As Larryh has described in the OBDII data for HVB thread the energy stored in the HVB varies with temperature & other factors. In this thread you'll find more information about HVB degradation.

I understand it's the net the question was is it what was drawn from the battery from the charge or total. You can regen a lot of charge. Especially on my commute. I go over two passes

I'll repeat what was posted before since it seems to have been ignored:

However, the most accurate way is to get an OBDLink MX Bluetooth scanner and download the FORScan app for an Android tablet/phone or for Windows. With that you can read all the Ford sensors. As Larryh has described in the OBDII data for HVB thread the energy stored in the HVB varies with temperature & other factors. In this thread you'll find more information about HVB degradation.

I understand it's the net the question was is it what was drawn from the battery from the charge or total. You can regen a lot of charge. Especially on my commute. I go over two passes

As stated previously, regen rolls this number back. Therefore regen is gross not net.

For example. You accelerate to 40km/h and drive for a distance, drawing 0.5 kw. Net is 0.5. Gross is 0.5. The trip meters read 0.5.

You then regen 0.3kw from any means. Hills, braking, the ice. Net is 0.2. Gross is still 0.5. All meters read 0.2.

You then draw another 0.5. Net is 0.7. Gross is 1.0. All meters read 0.7.

You then regen 0.7 from a really long hill. Net is 0. Gross is 1. All meters read 0.

You thae draw the rest of the battery, 5.8 kw. Net is 5.8. Gross is 6.8. All meters read 5.8.

5.6 to 5.8 kw is average for a healthy battery, 100% to 0% and part way into the hybrid portion, regardless of hills or regen km.

Edited by openair