Ford Fusion Energi Forum

20,000 mile check-in

dlb92

I have an observation to share and a question.

My observation is that my 2013 Fusion battery has lost at least 3mpg over 2 years or 20,000 miles.  I can now only go about 21-24 miles on a charge depending on whether I use the AC at 73 degrees or not.  In the beginning I could get 27-29.

My question is as follows. Since I only have 13 months left on my factory warranty and considering I will only have 30,000 miles on it when my warranty runs out, I'm considering purchasing an extended warranty. Can anyone explain to me how I can get the best deal in Florida on a ford extended warranty?  I know Florida is a tricky state because car warranties are regulated.

The other day I must have been driving in L when I left for work and all of a sudden my engine revved to 4,000 RPM and then stopped with a clinking sound and I thought my car just killed itself.  I read that this is normal behavior to get rid of a battery's excess charge when in L.  It scared me nonetheless and had me thinking--what if this was a malfunction and what if it had happened after my warranty was out.

Thank you.

Edited by dlb92

I have found this site for ESP plans for florida.  For a 7 year - 75,000 mile with a $200 deductible they want $2500.  Does that sound reasonable?

http://www.mullinaxfordextendedwarranty.com/Premcov.asp?state=FL

At what point would they replace the battery? Is there a limit on how much the battery can become depleted before they would replace it?  I know it has a 10 year warranty already.

I have found this site for ESP plans for florida.  For a 7 year - 75,000 mile with a $200 deductible they want $2500.  Does that sound reasonable?

http://www.mullinaxfordextendedwarranty.com/Premcov.asp?state=FL

At what point would they replace the battery? Is there a limit on how much the battery can become depleted before they would replace it?  I know it has a 10 year warranty already.

The hybrid components, which includes the battery, have an 8 year 100,000 mile warranty.

The battery is designed to last the life of the car.  It would only be replaced for complete failure.

I paid $570 for a 7 year, 36,000 mile, $0 deductible ESP from Flood Ford but I am in PA.

Can I ask is the 3 years on top of the 3 year manufacturer warranty ?

So if i get a 7 year is it on top of the 3 years or including hte 3 years?

I'm not sure I understand why you would buy a 36,000 mile warranty when it already comes with that included?

Edited by dlb92

Any details on your ESP?  Does it matter when you purchase the ESP?

If you wait longer than a year from your purchase date to buy the ESP, they tack on like an additional 100 bucks.

I picked up a 7 year, 60k PremiumCare warranty with 50 dollar deductible for 770 with Flood.  And I'm pretty sure I overestimated the mileage... I've had the car more than 2 years and have just crossed 9k with it.  But then again, you never know what the future holds. :)

Edited by Russael

So is there any way to get it cheaper in florida?  it looks like my prices are double

The state of Florida has regulated the sale of extended warranties and the prices of them.  A resident can not purchase a less expensive similar plan from out of state.  I have read of a few Florida residents who were able to purchase the warranties from out of state, but somehow they used a different address other than one in Florida.