Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Bizarre MyFord Mobile charging reminders

Blastphemy

I wonder if the MyFord Mobile servers actually know what day and time it is?! I've been receiving very untimely (and frequently inaccurate) reminders from MFM, recently.

The most current one was today at 8:41 a.m. - "Your Fusion Energi is scheduled to start charging in 1,270 minutes at 08/03/2015 01:41 AM, but is not currently plugged in. Please plug in your Fusion Energi so the charge can start successfully."

Mind you, the car was plugged in (at work, just moments before receiving this alert), and the car failed to charge yesterday (on Sunday) despite being plugged in and the Value Charging being set to charge immediately on weekends. Not to mention that alert at 8:41 a.m. was for a bizarre random time earlier in the day at 1:41 a.m., yet stated the charge was scheduled for ~21 hours in the future!

I checked the car's date/time and it's accurate. I logged on the MFM and everything appears correct there too.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Has anyone else received these inaccurate reminders?

Hi Blastphemy, 

I haven't had anyone else come to me with this issue, so let's try to find the cause. I'd like to start by having you delete all of your Value Charge profiles from your account while your Fusion is not plugged in. Once you're at at location you'd like to set up charging for, plug your Fusion in for at least two minutes, unplug it, and set up a profile for it. Take a spin around the block a few times (at least 3 kilometers or 2 miles), and then return to that location. After that, both in-vehicle and the Mobile App should work as expected. Give it a try and let me know if that corrects the notifications. If not, we'll look into other troubleshooting steps. 

Rebecca