Ford Fusion Energi Forum

new 2013 owner

Euclid's Brother

I've already posted elsewhere in here, but thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself.  

Just bought a 2013 FFE (Ruby Red) a few weeks ago.  Still getting used to all the fancy features.  I felt it a good idea to get a plugin car since (due to planets and stars aligning just right), I won't be driving nearly as much as I had been in the recent past.  I was driving 30 to 40 miles a day.. now it's 8 to 16, depending if i go somewhere for lunch.  Perfect!!

My MPGe's so far (calculating with the kWh the car reports for trips) is anywhere from 110 to 180 if I don't go into ICE mode.  So far, since I started tracking, I've only hit the ICE twice for about 1.19 gallons.  So my overall MPGe is 82.97 for 192 miles.

I haven't figured out how to accurately track MPGe based on the kWh actually taken out of the wall outlet.

I did take it on a trip to Colorado a few days after i bought it.  No plugin charging after initial charge was gone.  We averaged 40 mpg for the whole trip.  We were able to gain full battery charges coming down from 14k feet!

Cheers,

James

I've already posted elsewhere in here, but thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself.  

Just bought a 2013 FFE (Ruby Red) a few weeks ago.  Still getting used to all the fancy features.  I felt it a good idea to get a plugin car since (due to planets and stars aligning just right), I won't be driving nearly as much as I had been in the recent past.  I was driving 30 to 40 miles a day.. now it's 8 to 16, depending if i go somewhere for lunch.  Perfect!!

My MPGe's so far (calculating with the kWh the car reports for trips) is anywhere from 110 to 180 if I don't go into ICE mode.  So far, since I started tracking, I've only hit the ICE twice for about 1.19 gallons.  So my overall MPGe is 82.97 for 192 miles.

I haven't figured out how to accurately track MPGe based on the kWh actually taken out of the wall outlet.

I did take it on a trip to Colorado a few days after i bought it.  No plugin charging after initial charge was gone.  We averaged 40 mpg for the whole trip.  We were able to gain full battery charges coming down from 14k feet!

Cheers,

James

Congrats, and welcome, James!

I'm Meagan, the current customer service rep on the board. I'll be around if you have any questions. :)

Meagan

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! The 2013s have some nice features like MPGe & Lifetime Summary that are missing on newer model years. How many miles on it? What does the Lifetime Summary show? That'll give you an idea of how it was used by the previous owner. What do the Trip Meters show? Some ppl never reset them...

Mine does not show MPGe.  It shows MPG (ie. 999.9 when using plugin only).  I have to calculate MPGe myself.

It had 9800 miles on it.  I also noticed that the Trip 2 also showed the same miles as the main odometer (actually, it was .02 miles more than the odometer) which means it was never reset since it was new.  By that, I found that the car had only used 2 tanks of gas ever!  (Not sure if that's shown on the lifetime summary.)

What update removes MPGe? Please provide a link to back up this claim. No one here has reported MPGe being removed via software update to a 2013 Fusion Energi.

You know, I should be more careful. I'm speaking of the C-Max Energi, where there have been some reports of updates clearing out some of the 2013 settings. Since the Fusion did not have the MPG debacle, perhaps Ford didn't bother removing them there. Sorry for the confusion.

Many updates default it to MPG but the option is there to put it back to MPGe.  It's the first thing I do when I get my car back.

Good point. It's the first thing I do too.

You know, I should be more careful. I'm speaking of the C-Max Energi, where there have been some reports of updates clearing out some of the 2013 settings. Since the Fusion did not have the MPG debacle, perhaps Ford didn't bother removing them there. Sorry for the confusion.

MPGe existed on all 2013 Fusion Energis. It only existed on Job 1 & Job 2 2013 C-Max Energis. 2013 production had 3 jobs for the C-Max, but only 2 for the Fusion. Do you have links to any Job 1 or Job 2 C-Max Energis that have lost MPGe?

Edited by Hybridbear

Good point. It's the first thing I do too.

MPGe existed on all 2013 Fusion Energis. It only existed on Job 1 & Job 2 2013 C-Max Energis. 2013 production had 3 jobs for the C-Max, but only 2 for the Fusion. Do you have links to any Job 1 or Job 2 C-Max Energis that have lost MPGe?

HB,

After a few searches, I think what I am remembering is 2013 owners who refused flash upgrades to their CPU for fear of losing MPGe. That made me think their fears had a reason, but I'm not seeing posts over in the C-Max Energi forum to back up that fear.