Ford Fusion Energi Forum

The $5,000.00 Ford Premium Maintenance Plan question

FusionNAZ

Hi all! I am super excited that I just purchased a new to me Energi Titanium what a cool car. So.. the finance guy sold me a plan at the time of finance for.. Get this $4,980.00. This covers all maintenance minus tires and batteries. I am very savvy and I picked up the car for $20,000.00 and its in great shape. I just feel like the finance guy was way off on the figures... does the 100k service really cost $1,800? I thought I would bounce this off some current owners. I am planning on submitting in writing to cancel this. At the same time the car already has 50,000 miles and the maintenance is going to be picked up till 125,000 or 2020 whatever comes first. I know if this car had 12 miles on the clock then not getting a service plan is smart. Looking forward to your input.

Have to say that "very savvy" paying $4980.00 for a maintenance plan do not go together in my vocabulary!

The other half wanted it so.... I am in the process of getting it cancelled. I have 30 days "in writing" to cancel as if it never existed. I think getting a CPO Ford Fusion fully loaded bumper to bumper till 2020 or 125,000 is not a bad deal. Especially since I am out the door for under 25k at 1.9%.

Hi all! I am super excited that I just purchased a new to me Energi Titanium what a cool car. So.. the finance guy sold me a plan at the time of finance for.. Get this $4,980.00. This covers all maintenance minus tires and batteries. I am very savvy and I picked up the car for $20,000.00 and its in great shape. I just feel like the finance guy was way off on the figures... does the 100k service really cost $1,800? I thought I would bounce this off some current owners. I am planning on submitting in writing to cancel this. At the same time the car already has 50,000 miles and the maintenance is going to be picked up till 125,000 or 2020 whatever comes first. I know if this car had 12 miles on the clock then not getting a service plan is smart. Looking forward to your input.

What exactly does the maintenance plan cover? Does it cover all maintenance shown on the schedule in the owner's manual? If so, it shouldn't be hard to calculate the cost of all those services. What about maintenance schedule? Does it cover the severe service schedule (which is appropriate for just about everyone) versus the "standard" schedule? What about tire rotations? I understand that tire replacement wouldn't be included, but I'd hope that the maintenance plan would include your tire rotations...

Who sells the maintenance plan? Is it only valid at that particular Ford dealer? They wouldn't sell it if they didn't make money on it.

Edited by Hybridbear

Go to www.floodfordesp.com and check their prices, they have good prices on extended warranties and I believe they also offer maintenance plans for those who are interested.

I remember that residents of FL could not buy from Flood due to state restrictions, hopefully AZ residents can purchase one if they want.

What exactly does the maintenance plan cover? Does it cover all maintenance shown on the schedule in the owner's manual? If so, it shouldn't be hard to calculate the cost of all those services. What about maintenance schedule? Does it cover the severe service schedule (which is appropriate for just about everyone) versus the "standard" schedule? What about tire rotations? I understand that tire replacement wouldn't be included, but I'd hope that the maintenance plan would include your tire rotations...

Who sells the maintenance plan? Is it only valid at that particular Ford dealer? They wouldn't sell it if they didn't make money on it.

The plan is a Ford direct plan from the manufacture http://esp.ford.com/premium-maintenance-plan. I can go to any dealer in the USA, Canada or Mexico for service. This plan covers any and all maintenance that is required for the next 9 years or 125,000 miles (from in service date). It  covers brake pads, rotors, belts, hoses, fluids and any other part that  has normal wear needing service (except tires and batteries).  They will rotate the tires and comply with any services needed. If I end up selling the car before the full term they will prorate and refund the difference if the car is sold and what not. The finance guy made it sound like the 60k, 90k and 100k services would eat me alive at $1,800 a pop and oil changes every 5k at $50.00 a change. I called the Ford dealership by my house and the 60k was only $410. As it is the oil needs to be changed maybe once a year or 10k whatever is first.

When I called about cancelling the finance guy informed me that the dealer would take a $750 loss if I cancelled. He also offered me $450 off the price if I changed my mind. This is my first domestic hybrid purchase. If the car did not have 50k miles I would have not even blinked about saying no. I did check the website www.floodfordesp.com posted and the car has too many miles. 

I am usually on the ball about financials (lost savvy points I suppose). If this was a Lexus with a timing belt with a $2,000 60k or $2500 100k I would have not blinked. From what is out there regarding service for the ford it is very reliable and affordable. Fine print on the extra extended warranty I can do my own work if kept in a log. I am fine with extended warranty on the electrical stuff. I just cannot see the ford costing me $5,000 in service over 9 years. I only put on maybe 10k-14k miles a year.

The plan is a Ford direct plan from the manufacture http://esp.ford.com/premium-maintenance-plan. I can go to any dealer in the USA, Canada or Mexico for service. This plan covers any and all maintenance that is required for the next 9 years or 125,000 miles (from in service date). It  covers brake pads, rotors, belts, hoses, fluids and any other part that  has normal wear needing service (except tires and batteries).  They will rotate the tires and comply with any services needed. If I end up selling the car before the full term they will prorate and refund the difference if the car is sold and what not. The finance guy made it sound like the 60k, 90k and 100k services would eat me alive at $1,800 a pop and oil changes every 5k at $50.00 a change. I called the Ford dealership by my house and the 60k was only $410. As it is the oil needs to be changed maybe once a year or 10k whatever is first.

When I called about cancelling the finance guy informed me that the dealer would take a $750 loss if I cancelled. He also offered me $450 off the price if I changed my mind. This is my first domestic hybrid purchase. If the car did not have 50k miles I would have not even blinked about saying no.

Oil changes shouldn't cost more than $20-$25 if you use a coupon. A local Ford dealer regularly mails & e-mails us coupons for $19.95 oil changes.

Why would the dealership lose money? If they're going to lose $750 if you cancel I'd tell them that you want $750 back then or you'll cancel. They deserve to lose $750 for ripping people off on those plans.

When I called about cancelling the finance guy informed me that the dealer would take a $750 loss if I cancelled. He also offered me $450 off the price if I changed my mind. This is my first domestic hybrid purchase. If the car did not have 50k miles I would have not even blinked about saying no. I did check the website www.floodfordesp.com posted and the car has too many miles. 

I am usually on the ball about financials (lost savvy points I suppose). If this was a Lexus with a timing belt with a $2,000 60k or $2500 100k I would have not blinked. From what is out there regarding service for the ford it is very reliable and affordable. Fine print on the extra extended warranty I can do my own work if kept in a log. I am fine with extended warranty on the electrical stuff. I just cannot see the ford costing me $5,000 in service over 9 years. I only put on maybe 10k-14k miles a year.

Oil changes are not required until 20,000 miles.  I had mine done at 14,500 and it cost $17 with tire rotation.  Listen to what Jeff said and look at the Flood Ford website.  What you are considering paying is ridiculous.

The car has too many miles for the flood Ford website :-/. 

My mistake.  The problem is you are in uncharted territory.  There are not many on this forum with 50K miles on their FFE, and those that do most likely have an ESP.  You don't have many options so the one you have may be your best bet.  I have 16K on my 2013 and have 14 months left on the warranty.  I plan on either getting an ESP from Flood Ford or selling the car.  No way I would own this vehicle without some kind of warranty even though I haven't had any problems.

I was able to order the "Premium Care" bumper to bumper warranty direct for $3,000 for 8 years/125k with a zero deductible for repairs from Ford Motor Co. (not a third party). To boot they have a 18 month payment plan at 0%. I did this over the phone and it was the same contract form from dealer. I was able to circumvent the dealer markup on a sub par plan (on top of the $5000).  I not only put the maintenance plan in writing to cancel but the service agreement as well. After all the dust settles and the refunds are done I will once again be ahead of the game (so to speak). I told the gal with ford on the phone the $5000 plan and she was even skeptical. Thanks again for everyone's input to get me back on track.  :woohoo:

Here is the Ford Motor Co. link if anyone else is interested in a 1st party warranty. http://esp.ford.com/extended-service-plan

Edited by FusionNAZ

I was able to order the "Premium Care" bumper to bumper warranty direct for $3,000 for 8 years/125k with a zero deductible for repairs from Ford Motor Co. (not a third party). To boot they have a 18 month payment plan at 0%. I did this over the phone and it was the same contract form from dealer. I was able to circumvent the dealer markup on a sub par plan (on top of the $5000).  I not only put the maintenance plan in writing to cancel but the service agreement as well. After all the dust settles and the refunds are done I will once again be ahead of the game (so to speak). I told the gal with ford on the phone the $5000 plan and she was even skeptical. Thanks again for everyone's input to get me back on track.  :woohoo:

Here is the Ford Motor Co. link if anyone else is interested in a 1st party warranty. http://esp.ford.com/extended-service-plan

At your mileage that is a great price. On a new car that is about 2100.

That's 8/125k from the date the car was initially sold, right?

That's 8/125k from the date the car was initially sold, right?

Yes it was from the day it was first sold at the dealer not date of inception. For example I have about 7 years remaining or 125,000 miles remaining. I was very lucky to get a CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Ford warranty did not  require an inspection just a call. I was looking online and there is a huge selection of loaded Ford Fusion Energi sedans for sale. For example one can get a 2014 Ford Fusion Energy with every option for just around or under $30,000 with less than 20k. I did not want a black interior so I lucked out on finding one with a ceramic color interior.

Yes it was from the day it was first sold at the dealer not date of inception. For example I have about 7 years remaining or 125,000 miles remaining. I was very lucky to get a CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Ford warranty did not  require an inspection just a call. I was looking online and there is a huge selection of loaded Ford Fusion Energi sedans for sale. For example one can get a 2014 Ford Fusion Energy with every option for just around or under $30,000 with less than 20k. I did not want a black interior so I lucked out on finding one with a ceramic color interior.

You have posted that the car has 50000 miles on it when you purchased it, correct?  If so, your warranty is only good for another 75000 miles, not the full 125000 miles as shown on the warranty total miles.  Ford warranties have ALWAYS started from the day the car was first put into service, regardless of when you buy the warranty.

If your car is one year old with 50000 miles when you buy the 8 year, 125000 mile extended service plan, you actually have about 7 years and 75000 miles remaining.

You have posted that the car has 50000 miles on it when you purchased it, correct? If so, your warranty is only good for another 75000 miles, not the full 125000 miles as shown on the warranty total miles. Ford warranties have ALWAYS started from the day the car was first put into service, regardless of when you buy the warranty.

If your car is one year old with 50000 miles when you buy the 8 year, 125000 mile extended service plan, you actually have about 7 years and 75000 miles remaining.

I bought that plan because I have an additional 75k miles to go. That's just what the terms are. I am new to ford in general.

Edited by FusionNAZ

I bought that plan because I have an additional 75k miles to go. That's just what the terms are. I am new to ford in general.

OK, glad you are aware of how the Ford service plan works.  My first Ford ESP had me confused because I bought it with about 11000 miles on the car.  Always having had a GM warranty that started both time wise and mileage wise at the time of WARRANTY purchase, not car original in service date and miles.  I thought the Ford dealer was wrong when he told me theirs started from the day the car was first put into service.