Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Headlight upgrade/replacement before/after bulb change

Ok, so what is the deal with the headlight bulbs? I have found this post with a quasi half bumper removal. I also found this video for removing the front bumper and extracting the whole headlight unit from the car. 

I wanted to get a "HID" type look with traditional type bulb. I found a company PIAA that make some very bright stock like lights here. If I need to take the whole bumper apart then I may just wait till they burn out. If someone has just replaced them without taking anything apart please let me know.

15211_XWP_H11_box.jpg?lr=t&bw=500&w=500&

Edited by FusionNAZ

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I ended up buying upgraded halogen light bulbs for the car. It was time consuming to do but not as bad as anticipated. I had to remove the top two torx screws and two bolts on the bottom of the headlight assembly. I did have to undo some flimsy plastic clips on the side top and bottom of the front nose of the car. After unbolting the assembly I carefully pulled it forward enough to pull out the bulbs. Below I have a photo showing the difference between stock and the upgrade. As you can see there are screws/clips  everywhere that needed to be removed. I still cannot believe one has to do so much to replace one light bulb. I hope these do not burn out anytime soon. The high beam bulbs look to be an easier task than the low beams.

I ended up going with European Osram "Night Breakers" they do not have a blue cast and are a noticeable upgrade. I bough them off of eBay through this seller. I really wanted more light without going with a modified non stock HID system. 

IMG_2128_zps7ati2kog.jpg

s-l500.jpg