Ford Fusion Energi Forum

What does it take to get Ford Customer Service to respond?

Hokyfan

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium that I took delivery on 8/23/14.  Starting almost immediately (9/14 - 1450 miles) the car started having strange issues.  Since then  the car has had numerous issues - only a couple have been resolved by the dealership service.  These issues include but ar not limited to:

• Repeated left rear Cross Traffic Sensor Failure warnings 
  • Air Bag warning light coming on.
  • Air Conditioner completely InOp after remote start.
  • GPS completely out (White screen with a NO GPS symbol)
  • Car continuing to charge and draw high current for up to 15 hours after car reports full charge (all private and public level 2 chargers)
  • Car reporting that charger 'Accidentally Unplugged' in my garage when it wasn't - and the car completes charging with no intervention from me.
  • "Please Keep Hands on Steering Wheel" flashing for ½ second and dismissing itself without pressing OK - this happens over and over in cycles randomly.
  • Satellite radio continues to drop out.
  • Go times fail to start car and condition temperature - even though the go times show in display in car.
  • Car reporting random numbers to My Ford Mobile - such as 9 mile trip on EV yet power used and mileage show as '0'

I opened a case with Ford Customer Service months ago and they told me they would contact the dealership and work with them.  They only contacted them once according to the service manager. 

I have tried to stay in contact with the area manager that was assigned to my case.  However - she has failed to return either phone calls or emails and has basically left me hanging.

Does anyone know how to escalate this issue above the area manager so I can get this case resolved one way or another?

Thanks -

Rick

1. Repeated left rear Cross Traffic Sensor Failure warnings 
  2. Air Bag warning light coming on.
  3. Car continuing to charge and draw high current for up to 15 hours after car reports full charge (all private and public level 2 chargers)
  4. Car reporting that charger 'Accidentally Unplugged' in my garage when it wasn't - and the car completes charging with no intervention from me.
  5. "Please Keep Hands on Steering Wheel" flashing for ½ second and dismissing itself without pressing OK - this happens over and over in cycles randomly.
  6. Satellite radio continues to drop out.
  7. Car reporting random numbers to My Ford Mobile - such as 9 mile trip on EV yet power used and mileage show as '0'

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many issues... Murphy already gave you information about how to get help through the forum.

1. Other owners have experienced this & have had no success getting resolution. There have been some TSBs/SSMs about this.
  2. Recall 14S21 should fix this.
  3. What do you mean by "high current"? The car will continue to draw power when done charging to power the HVB fans or to charge the 12V battery.
  4. Accidental unplug messages are common & are a glitch of MFM. I believe there is also a TSB/SSM about this. Check out that section of the forum.
  5. This is because you have Lane Keep Assist. The system measures the movement of the steering wheel & if it detects no movement it thinks that you are not touching the wheel. It first displays the message, and then chimes a short time later. If the car then detects your hands on the wheel it will dismiss the message without you needing to press ok. There is nothing wrong here.
  6. Common issue with satellite radio when driving near tall buildings, trees, etc. You can read about this in your Owner's Manual.
  7. Are you in an area with poor 2G coverage? Are you opening MyFord Mobile soon after turning off the car? We've found that if you have MFM open when the car is trying to transmit data to the MFM servers, you will see the results you describe in the MFM trip log.

...I opened a case with Ford Customer Service months ago and they told me they would contact the dealership and work with them.  They only contacted them once according to the service manager. 

I have tried to stay in contact with the area manager that was assigned to my case.  However - she has failed to return either phone calls or emails and has basically left me hanging.

Does anyone know how to escalate this issue above the area manager so I can get this case resolved one way or another?

Thanks -

Rick

Hi Rick,

I want to look into your case. Please private message me the case number, or your VIN.

Send a private message to user FordService on this forum.

Include your name, VIN, phone number, Dealer name

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/user/563-fordservice/

Thanks murphy!

Meagan