Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Picked up 2016 energi, now 2 plugin household with Volt

sp1620

Picked up a 2016 energi titanium yesterday replacing the wifes base elantra.  So many features its night and day from her old car.    I drive a 2013 chevy volt so we are now a 2 plugin family  :) .  Volt is quicker in electric mode but the luxury features and interior are a lot better in the energi.  

A bit disappointed in the lack of applink to for example launch pandora from the car interface and easily change stations like I have in the Volt.  Radio seems to sound better than the Bose in the Volt though.  Will be playing with the features for a while I'm sure and will be searching the forums for tips.

:2thumbs:

Hey, there. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to post.  Since you have both a Volt and a Fusion, I'd love to know comparisons.

I was looking at the Volt to replace my 2000 Jetta TDI for my 20-mile commute, but never could get over the four-seat configuration. I waited until I could drive a 2016 model, which I found underwhelming and oddly smaller than the Gen I models. 

So, being 6'4" I started wondering what EV or EV Hybrid I could get that wouldn't feel completely cramped and wasn't a Prius. (I have fleet Prius vehicles at work i occasionally have to drive and will not buy one.)  

My question to you - how is the room in the Ford? Do you feel there's enough for four adults to drive for a few miles?

Hey, there. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to post.  Since you have both a Volt and a Fusion, I'd love to know comparisons.

I was looking at the Volt to replace my 2000 Jetta TDI for my 20-mile commute, but never could get over the four-seat configuration. I waited until I could drive a 2016 model, which I found underwhelming and oddly smaller than the Gen I models. 

So, being 6'4" I started wondering what EV or EV Hybrid I could get that wouldn't feel completely cramped and wasn't a Prius. (I have fleet Prius vehicles at work i occasionally have to drive and will not buy one.)  

My question to you - how is the room in the Ford? Do you feel there's enough for four adults to drive for a few miles?

Take a look at the C-Max Energi as well. It is built higher and has way more legroom. Same engine and battery, although it does get a bit lower MPG due to the higher profile, and it doesn't offer some of the features as the Fusion (like adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel).

I'm 6 foot and I really like the easy access and tall headroom.

Thanks all! I have only clocked a few miles on the fusion but I will say the interior is very roomy and comfortable. Power seats with memory is something a Volt cant get along with some of the other features like cooled seats and sunroof. The big issue with the fusion energies as you all know is the cargo space. The Volt especially with the seats down can haul a lot more stuff and is pretty sporty to drive on battery alone. Fusion seems to better with hauling people, though I never had any issues with 4 in the volt. Both great cars in my opinion so far.

I'm 6'4" as well, and the Fusion fits me very well... And I just took four guys out to lunch in it. I scooted my seat forward a bit to accommodate the guy behind me, but he was able to get in with the seat way back the way I normally drive it.

One of the things I like about the Fusion Energi is that it's a "real" car - Not something that looks funky for the sake of advertising to the world that you drive an EV. And the only purpose-built EV that isn't crazy-looking is simply crazy expensive instead (Tesla).

Do'oh, meant to reply yesterday. 

I took a look at a 2013 SE Luxury yesterday. It was a beautiful maroon color with a beige interior.  First thing I did was it int he passenger seat. I then went behind the passenger to see if there was sufficient leg room. No issues with leg or headroom in back or front. Much better than the Volt in back, and there's room for a third in the middle.

I then drove the car and was very happy with acceleration and the quiet drive. I could still tell it was FWD, but I'm getting used to that.  Finally I checked the room in the back seat behind me after I've got the front set - It was tight but still better than in the Jetta.

I'm on the fence right now - I like the car, and saw a few Titanium models. However, I'm hearing that the State might issue more HOV stickers (which I want) and may wait for a Thanksgiving lease deal. My wife picked up a '15 Passat for $90 / month over Labor Day.

Do'oh, meant to reply yesterday. 

I took a look at a 2013 SE Luxury yesterday. It was a beautiful maroon color with a beige interior.  First thing I did was it int he passenger seat. I then went behind the passenger to see if there was sufficient leg room. No issues with leg or headroom in back or front. Much better than the Volt in back, and there's room for a third in the middle.

I then drove the car and was very happy with acceleration and the quiet drive. I could still tell it was FWD, but I'm getting used to that.  Finally I checked the room in the back seat behind me after I've got the front set - It was tight but still better than in the Jetta.

I'm on the fence right now - I like the car, and saw a few Titanium models. However, I'm hearing that the State might issue more HOV stickers (which I want) and may wait for a Thanksgiving lease deal. My wife picked up a '15 Passat for $90 / month over Labor Day.

The HOV stickers should not be an issue, unless it is a deal breaker. You can apply for them even if you already own the car. Can't say about the Thanksgiving deals, but they don't do Black Friday on cars so far as I know...

The CA website says that they had about 10K stickers left as of Oct 5. You might ask your dealer. Sometimes they pre-order the green stickers. My car had the stickers already reserved when I bought it.

Edited by stevedebi