Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Battery charge depleting

Abright

My battery charge was getting around 23 miles at 100% charge the first two -three months of owning the car. The last three months though the battery is only registering at 15 miles at 100% charge. I have been reading some posts about cold weather affecting the battery or the heater depleting the miles but neither of those factors were present during the noticeable decline of my mileage. The cold weather has just now started in the last month but cold here is 57 degrees overnight , so not too cold. Anyway, I tried resetting my mileage and hybrid settings but that only boosted my mileage up by a mile or two. Any suggestions on how I can get back to those original 23 miles for a 100% charged battery?

Are you talking about actual driving distance or the "estimate" of driving distance?  The estimate is based on how the car has been driven.  Any use of the heater will knock the estimate way down.  Have you checked your tire pressures?  Low tire pressure means increased rolling resistance.  Cold lowers battery capacity.  My battery capacity is cut in half when it gets down into the 30s (F).

SSM 44918 - 2012-2015 Focus Electric, 2013-2015 C-MAX Energi, 2013-2015 Fusion Energi - EV Range Display Variance After Charging

The EV Range being displayed after fully charging a 2012-2015 Focus Electric, 2013-2015 C-MAX Energi or 2013-2015 Fusion Energi may vary after each charging event. A variation of EV range does not indicate a battery or charging concern. EV range is similar to the Distance To Empty indication on a gasoline vehicle and the EV range will vary with vehicle operating conditions. Conditions that impact EV driving range include: cooler outside temperature, terrain, driving style, city or highway driving, tire pressure, and use of accessories. Using the cabin heater and A/C, which are electric, will also decrease EV range. To temporarily remove the impact of driving/climate history, reset the Lifetime Summary or Driving History by using the Settings menu on the left side of the instrument cluster, under Display.