Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MFM not working for 4-5 days as of Nov 23, 2015

howardbc

MFM has worked great for my 2013 FFET for years except for one time when it showed an incorrect location and status for my car. I got it fixed because of some great help from someone in this forum but now I don't remember how.

Anyhow, the app still shows my car out and about in hybrid mode when in fact it's sitting in my garage. I've tried locking/unlocking the doors with my remote but that didn't work. I have driven the car since MFM stopped working but that hasn't fixed it. 

I had run the 2nd of 2 Vehicle Health Reports not long before MFM stopped working. Is there something easy I can do to wake it up and make it start working again? Usually it sends me a text every morning telling me that my Energi is fully charged and to enjoy my ride. Also the location part of the app has always worked perfectly up until now.

I'm not a computer geek or a mechanic, but any easy-to-follow instructions are appreciated. Thanks. 

It sounds like the data radio (uses AT&T cellphone network) has stopped working.  The first thing to try is to pull the fuse for the data radio.  However that requires standing on your head in the driver's foot well to see the fuse location.  The same effect can be achieved by disconnecting the negative lead of the 12 volt battery in the trunk for 1 minute.  All it takes is a wrench and care to not let the wrench touch the negative and positive battery terminals at the same time.  Lay a cloth towel on the positive terminal to insulate it.

Thanks so much, Murphy. You've helped me so much before. But either of your options aren't appealing to this uncoordinated senior citizen, so I will wait until I take the car in for the door latch recall and ask them to do the head-standing and/or electrocution mambo.  ;)

The dealer is going to call me soon when the parts for the door latch recall come in. The car is doing absolutely wonderfully. 15k+ miles, no major problems, getting 92-102MPG. It still looks like new. 'Can't believe it will be 3 years old in April of 2016. Just wish it came with a 100-mile battery pack. 

Thanks again! It's much appreciated. 

Thanks so much, Murphy. You've helped me so much before. But either of your options aren't appealing to this uncoordinated senior citizen, so I will wait until I take the car in for the door latch recall and ask them to do the head-standing and/or electrocution mambo.  ;)

The dealer is going to call me soon when the parts for the door latch recall come in. The car is doing absolutely wonderfully. 15k+ miles, no major problems, getting 92-102MPG. It still looks like new. 'Can't believe it will be 3 years old in April of 2016. Just wish it came with a 100-mile battery pack. 

Thanks again! It's much appreciated. 

A 100 mile pack... I think that would leave no trunk!

It sounds like the data radio (uses AT&T cellphone network) has stopped working.  The first thing to try is to pull the fuse for the data radio.  However that requires standing on your head in the driver's foot well to see the fuse location.  The same effect can be achieved by disconnecting the negative lead of the 12 volt battery in the trunk for 1 minute.  All it takes is a wrench and care to not let the wrench touch the negative and positive battery terminals at the same time.  Lay a cloth towel on the positive terminal to insulate it.

I had to do this once on my parents' C-Max Energi. In that car you have to stand on your head in the passenger foot well area... :headspin: :kookie:

We also did the 12V battery disconnect to fix it another time it happened. It happened to their car twice in the same week & never again in 2.5 years of ownership.

The car could get 100 miles of electric range if Ford put the batteries under the floor board like a certain other company. 

But not on a car that can be used as an ICE only vehicle. At the moment Ford doesn't have any cars designed expressly for hybrid, plug in, or EV use. They are all variants on models designed originally for ICE.

Hi, everyone. Good news! MyFordMobile suddenly started working again without anything being done to a fuse or the battery or anything. I had driven the car 2 miles this morning and was checking just out of curiosity when I saw that it was again accurately displaying status and location. Do you think that maybe MFM can be reset by doing something somewhere with the VIN? I had just told my Ford service adviser that I would be asking him to get MFM restarted when I go in to the dealer for recall work next week. He didn't say he'd take care of it but now I wonder if he wasn't able to wake it up. 

If it's a correct assumption that MFM can be tweaked remotely, can someone tell us how to do it?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

My Ford Mobile is not working again for the past 3+ days. It says it's "Out and about" when actually it's sitting in my garage plugged in. I tried locking/unlocking the doors using the key fob in hopes that would wake it up but no luck. I don't drive the car every day but when I do it's for at least 20-30 miles. 

The location (for my home) showing on MFM is correct. It's also not sending me an email or text when it has reached a full charge. I'll mention it to the Ford service adviser but last time he didn't have any ideas on how to fix it. I am approaching my warranty's end in March and thought I'd take it in to make sure all recalls have been addressed. Also, the logos for "Fusion Energi" are falling off in the extreme heat here. Otherwise it's just been a great car. 

Have you been making short trips?  Trips less than about 1.5 miles are not recorded.  Also if you turn the car off and then immediately turn it back on the trip data can be lost.

I really dislike the decision to not record these short trips. I travel to the local YMCA (1 mile away) or the grocery store (also 1 mile away) five or six times a week. Yet according to the website my car is only charged and not driven.  

• 3 weeks later...

I really dislike the decision to not record these short trips. I travel to the local YMCA (1 mile away) or the grocery store (also 1 mile away) five or six times a week. Yet according to the website my car is only charged and not driven.  

This happens to us a lot too. Rarely the car will record a trip of 1.3 miles. I've never seen it record any trip shorter than 1.2 miles. Most of the time any trip less than 1.8 miles seems to be ignored by MFM.

Well, it's been 22 days now since MFM updated. Yesterday I took the car into the Ford dealer. The service adviser said they downloaded 2 updates but today MFM still won't update. Before taking the car into the dealer, I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with someone at the toll-free number they give you. I was not given any constructive help except for the rep saying she thought there was an update that I'd have to get at the dealer.

I worry about uninstalling/reinstalling the app for fear it won't work and may somehow negatively impact the car's performance. But I don't know what else to do.