Ford Fusion Energi Forum

iPhone 6 s plus

Hardp

It's likely an apple issue. Bluetooth is a standard. They have standard protocols that manufactures can follow to ensure devices are compatible. I've read that Apple does not use the standard Message Access Protocol and instead uses an in house modified version. Sync 2 is designed to support the standard MAP not apples custom MAP.

Sync 3, since it is also an apple product likely supports apple's customized MAP.

On my C-Max Energi, there is a list of canned texts that can be sent. It cannot compose custom texts.

That is also correct on the Ford Fusion Energi, and the iPhone can't send any of the canned texts. But at least MyFord Touch/SYNC can notify the driver of and read text messages received.

The good news is that THIS may ultimately solve your iPhone problems in your Ford car (model years 2011 and newer).

Hi Rebecca,

Not sure if you can answer, but is it because of Apple, or SYNC? And does that include the newer verison of SYNC, SYNC 3? Not that it matters since SYNC 3 is limited on certain models and sadly, not on my current 14' FFE ;)

Hey lonzo71, 

Not being able to send texts is on the Apple side, and does also include SYNC 3. We've been working with Apple to work around this and that's where the Siri functionality comes in. :) 

Rebecca

Sync 3 is actually a blackberry product.  Whether or not they elected to support's Apple's "I'm Apple, conform to me" standard... don't know. :)  Could always roll to the dealership and test drive a vehicle that has Sync 3 in it.

Vs. the "I'm Blackberry, I used to be relevant, conform to me" standard?   ;-)