Ford Fusion Energi Forum

After Public Charge Full Charge Dropped by 10 miles

WalterINDY

I had only charged my 2015 Fusion Energi at home on 110 outlet until a recent road trip. During the road trip I used a public charging station. Now, instead of 29-31 miles for a full charge, the battery full charge is only 20 miles. This was not due to a change in weather or use. Could the public charing station have damaged my battery?

No.  That number is an estimate based on your most recent trips.  Because you've taken a road trip at higher rates of speed (highway travel), possibly with climate usage, your estimate has dropped as a result of it.  This does not mean your battery is not fully charged.  It has no idea if you make that trip over and over and doesn't omit exceptions in your daily routine.  Once you return home, within maybe 5 days, your range estimate will return to what you're used to.  Also bear in mind, it was much warmer last week than it is now (temps hovering around freezing).  This will also impact your range prediction.

This is why for the later 2015 through 2016 Energi's that they removed that range estimate.  It is a constant source of questions. :)