Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Navigation added to my system today

mrmikel

My new used 2013 FFE Titanium came well equipped, but it lacked navigation.  I did a search on Google to see what my options were.  I came across a fellow that can add navigation to many Ford and Lincoln vehicles, if the car can support it.  He can check your VIN number and tell you if your car is a candidate.

The process involves reprogramming the APIM module, which is located on the back of your 8" MFT (or MLT for Lincolns) screen.  He can either do it in person (what I did), or you can send him your APIM for reprogramming.

He actually came to me today, as he was going to be in the area servicing other cars.  He also updated the programming on many other computer modules.  I now have full navigation and I couldn't be happier!

His name is Jason, and his website is www.fordpimods.com.  So if you are wanting navigation instead of a compass, you may want to check it out.

Funny this thread came up... I was looking for something similar for the girlfriend's non-navigation equipped Focus (has the MyFord Touch) and ran across Telnav's Scout program, which supposedly interfaces with the MFT screen and your smartphone and behaves just like in-dash navigation.  The total bummer is that they charge a monthly fee for it.  I was hoping to find a similar program that would work the same way but no such luck.  I really wish Google Maps would interface with the MFT screen (and it just might with Sync 3 and that new Android Auto or whatever it's called).

As far as HOW this person figured out how to enable post-factory navigation... I'd love to know his secret.  I was actually searching around earlier today to see if anybody had managed to turn it on.

Bear in mind, to those of you who have a vehicle under warranty... DON'T DO IT or you'll void it (at least for the MFT system).

Still, this guy charges a fortune for a reprogramming that probably takes less than an hour.  Bet he's banking up for the legal fees that will haunt him. :)

I would assume 530 dollars... that's the pricing on his website if you go to him.  Since the tech was in the area, he may not have charged him the "travel expenses".

Still extremely cool that the guy figured that out.  I'd love to have my GF's focus get nav added... but not so much at that price.  I can get access to a VCM2 programmer, so if he just gave me the needed files (for a much smaller fee), I could do it myself.

• 11 months later...

Ford wants $795 to add "Voice-Activated Navigation" to a 2017 FFE Titanium. 

If I don't get the $795 Nav option will I still have SYNC3 capability (and can connect my Android Auto or Car Play and use their navigation)?

(Real Question.. Is there a consequence to not getting the $795 Navigation option? (other than no Ford based Navigation/Traffic info)

Thanks

Edited by ClaveMan