Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Heated Seats not turned on with remote start

mrmikel

They can be turned on in your left instrument cluster screen under settings.  There's a remote start option in there (I believe under vehicle), and you can have that set to off or auto.  Same for the passenger seat.

It'll only run the seat heater on low to take the chill off, so it won't be toasty, but it won't be "stick to it cold" either. :)

They can be turned on in your left instrument cluster screen under settings.  There's a remote start option in there (I believe under vehicle), and you can have that set to off or auto.  Same for the passenger seat.

It'll only run the seat heater on low to take the chill off, so it won't be toasty, but it won't be "stick to it cold" either. :)

Yes, I have the settings correct.  But when I get into the started car, the heated seats show as not turned on.  Perhaps they ARE on the low setting, and the MFT just doesn't display them as on??  I will have to pay attention to the seats next time to see if they ARE on but just not showing as on.  Such fun!

Yes, I have the settings correct.  But when I get into the started car, the heated seats show as not turned on.  Perhaps they ARE on the low setting, and the MFT just doesn't display them as on??  I will have to pay attention to the seats next time to see if they ARE on but just not showing as on.  Such fun!

MFT, doesn't display until you start the car.  They seat heaters don't stay on, so after you start the car you will need to turn them back on.

MFT, doesn't display until you start the car.  They seat heaters don't stay on, so after you start the car you will need to turn them back on.

Good call. Also, if you have heated/cooled seats the seats don't get all that warm even when you have them on high, so in really cold weather the seats may feel cold even if they were being heated on low during the remote start.