Ford Fusion Energi Forum

E15

wazer

Has anyone ever filled up with E-15 gas? (15% ethanol)

Owners manual says "Use only UNLEADED gasoline or UNLEADED gasoline blended with a maximum of 15% ethanol in your gasoline vehicle."

I try to stick to ethanol free gas for maximum miles per tank but it does come at an added cost. E10, especially E15 is quite a bit cheaper, but not sure how much the MPG will drop by using it and if it's detrimental to engine life or performance. I'm about halfway through my lease.

Ethanol can be harmful to vehicles that are not designed for it.  However, I have heard that they do put an additive in the fuel to tone down the corrosives of ethanol.

Around here in Michigan, every fuel has "up to" 10% ethanol.  There's a tiny handful of gas stations that do sell pure gas, but at double the cost, it isn't worth it.

A 10% ethanol blend may hit your economy by up to 10% (my Expedition used to do 22+ on the highway... now I'm lucky to see 20 anymore).  The Fusion still goes WAY over the sticker EPA for me (I've hit as high as 55MPGe running 10%).  The Fusion Energi is rated at 36MPG highway.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever filled up with E-15 gas? (15% ethanol)

Owners manual says "Use only UNLEADED gasoline or UNLEADED gasoline blended with a maximum of 15% ethanol in your gasoline vehicle."

I try to stick to ethanol free gas for maximum miles per tank but it does come at an added cost. E10, especially E15 is quite a bit cheaper, but not sure how much the MPG will drop by using it and if it's detrimental to engine life or performance. I'm about halfway through my lease.

The Fusion ICE is designed to run on E15. You can use E15 without concern about damaging the ICE. It will get slightly less MPG compared to E10.