Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFordMobile not working for 12 days as of Feb 27, 2016

howardbc

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time that MFM has stopped working but it has always started again for unknown reasons. But this time it has been the longest - 12 days. Is there a department at Ford I can call?

The last time MFM stopped working, I took my 2013 FFET into the dealership. The adviser said he didn't know how to fix it but somehow it did get fixed while it was there, so maybe the mechanic does something to cause MFM to start working again. The car is still in warranty, although March will be the last month. Does the MFM app stop working when the car's warranty runs out?

I have tried using the remote to lock/unlock the doors. I've tried hitting the "Update" on the app. I'm sorry but I refuse to stand on my head to remove a fuse or fool with the 12v battery. 

If there is someone at Ford I could email or call, I'd really appreciate having that information.

Thanks so much.

If MFM stopped working, you may receive an error message that includes a number to call.  If you have not received an error message from MFM, once you log in, at the very bottom is a Contact Us link which allows you to email them.

From the Help menu at the top, there is also this number listed if you have feedback or additional questions for MFM:  800-392-FORD (3673) 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, hybridbear.

No, MFM is still not working. I just posted under another thread. It's been 22 days now. I called the toll-free number Ford gives you but the rep was really not much help. She thought there was an update that I'd have to get at the dealer.

So I took it into the dealer. It was there almost all day. They were swamped so just wanted to get out of there but saw last night (and today) that it's still not updating. I don't know what else to do other than to uninstall/reinstall the app. I just worry that this may somehow affect my car, and not in a good way.

Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Well, my MFM finally started working (after 33 days?) this afternoon. I took the car back to the Ford dealer because the 12v battery died this morning and at the same time told them that the MFM still wasn't working. They threw up their hands and gave me a phone number to call. They said it was AT&T's fault, but I think they must do something sometimes when they're servicing my car that causes it to make MFM re-start. Or maybe it was disconnecting/reconnecting the 12v battery. Who knows??

By the way, my car had 16,430 miles on it when the 12v battery died. That's way too soon. Something is obviously not right. I hadn't left the lights or anything else on, plus I don't think you can. 

Well, my MFM finally started working (after 33 days?) this afternoon. I took the car back to the Ford dealer because the 12v battery died this morning and at the same time told them that the MFM still wasn't working. They threw up their hands and gave me a phone number to call. They said it was AT&T's fault, but I think they must do something sometimes when they're servicing my car that causes it to make MFM re-start. Or maybe it was disconnecting/reconnecting the 12v battery. Who knows??

By the way, my car had 16,430 miles on it when the 12v battery died. That's way too soon. Something is obviously not right. I hadn't left the lights or anything else on, plus I don't think you can. 

The last time I took the car in I had them update the MFT software (because I could not download and update the software myself).  My phone and the website would not reconnect to the car until they did a reset by interrupting power at the battery, and then it took some time before it started working again. Basically it reconnected half way home from the dealer (the dealership is over 17 miles from my house).  

I tried numerous things including deleting the app and reinstalling without success before trying this option. The dealer also was not familiar with the system and not sure what to do.