Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car-Polar Newbie here!!!

bigscrb15

Hey everyone! I am new to the FFE world. I recently purchased a 2013 FFE Titanium love this car, just wish I had NAV and the fancy parking package, lol. I am what I call car-polar. I go from 1 extreme to the other. Previous ride was CrewCab LongBed F250 Diesel. Anyhow, I don't know if the previous owner was on here but they are much better than myself with fuel mileage. I am steadily killing their lifetime average!!! I bought the car with 16,500 miles, took this picture shortly after. Only thing Ive done so far is tint the windows. Will be adding some LED DRL soon, then not sure what else. I really like the car other than I wish the driver seat would go lower(I'm 6'4" and my hair hits the headliner sometimes)

post-1979-0-29408200-1456896868_thumb.jpg

post-1979-0-08458100-1456896875_thumb.jpg

Hi, bigscrb15! And welcome to the forum! I have a 2013 FFE Titanium and it came with Navigation and the parking package. I thought that was all part of the Titanium package but maybe not. 

Your car looks awesome but don't be too hard on yourself about learning how to get the most out of it. Just say to yourself "Free gas! Free gas!" every time you take your foot off the accelerator and just coast real slow up to that red light. I've always loved the way the display (left of the speedometer) shows your braking progress with a blue percentage circle. I had a Toyota Prius before this car so I was already comfortable with taking it slower and smarter. But the car still has more than enough power for passing, etc. 

When you feel like you are really ace-ing it, you know you can reset the Lifetime Summary to show just your driving and not the previous owner's. So much depends on what roads you drive on and how long your daily commute is. 

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

I too recently acquired a 2013 FFE Titanium, minus nav and park assist.  I did have nav added for $500 by Jason at www.fordpimods.com. And the previous owner of my car must have driven mostly on battery because the lifetime MPG was in the 80s. I immediately reset the lifetime so I can be more realistic with my driving.

Good luck with the "new" ride!!