Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Modem in Car 3G Upgrade?

PJFW8

So I did a night drop on my car last night and got there before close.  I pointed out the FSA to the service rep and asked if that could be taken care of at the same time and he said NO.  I said why not.  They won't do this unless you are having an issue.  He said your screen pretty much has to be blank.  I said, umm this is a modem that isn't going to be working for much longer and he said well we will test, but probably won't do anything about it. 

What is the purpose of this FSA showing up in my owner account if it isn't supposed to be done to my car???  Anyone?

As of December 31, 2016 all AT&T 2G service will be turned off.  At that point it will be easy to prove that it doesn't work.

There are two FSAs. 

One to extend the warranty on the APIM (12M02).  That only comes into play if your APIM fails.

The one for the modem is15N04.  That one needs to be done by the end of the year or MFM will stop working.

The upgrade didn't fix the problem. Is there any support available anywhere? The idiots in phone support don't have any info. The Myfordmobile is stuck on "Cancel Authorization in Progress" for a month now. Pulling the fuse deletes the car but adding it back, I get the same message and nothing comes up on the car to authorize like it used to and Nothing comes up in the app like it did before. I even had the modem updated to 3G. I guess the program is just trash.There's probably something that needs to be done on the "backend" at Ford, but nobody knows anything. 

With the new modem, my EV range shows 11 on MFM, but the in car display still shows correct in the 20's.  MFM is not updating for anything; value charge, go times, and just hitting update button by the battery just gives an error.  I have tried to delete out locations etc., but it won't even delete.  Tried factory reset from the website and does nothing.  Ugh!

Did anyone receive a letter from Ford about the embedded modem replacement?  My letter arrived today.  I had scheduled an appointment for last Friday (made the appointment about 2 weeks in advance), and my service guy didn't know about this modem replacement.  The technicians told him later that he has to fill out paperwork so they can order the modem from Ford.  So I am waiting for my dealer to notify me that the new modem arrived.

Enclosed is a pamphlet on how to use MFM.  

Try deleting your car from MFM and then adding it back.  Do this from a computer, not the app. They probably saved the identity of the modem during the initial setup.

I deleted out the car from the website and have added it back in, but now I haven't received the 24/48 hour prompts.  Any ideas now?

I didn't get the letter yet, but I went ahead and set up an appointment for today and had them order the modem in advance. Fingers crossed...

They told me that they needed to see the car and had to get to the old modem to get a number off of it (2 hours min). They needed that number to be able to order the part as the new one has to be tied to the old.  Once they had that they ordered the part and I had to go back to have it put in.  Another 2 hours min.  I don't think they are able to order the part in advance without seeing your car first.

I deleted out the car from the website and have added it back in, but now I haven't received the 24/48 hour prompts.  Any ideas now?

There may be a Ford server problem this morning.  I ran a Vehicle Health Report earlier this morning that said it completed successfully.  The report has not shown up in my account at ford owner.

Other than that I'm wondering if the ID of the new modem was linked to the VIN of your car by the dealer that installed it.  The web site may still be trying to contact the ID of the old modem.

They told me that they needed to see the car and had to get to the old modem to get a number off of it (2 hours min). They needed that number to be able to order the part as the new one has to be tied to the old.  Once they had that they ordered the part and I had to go back to have it put in.  Another 2 hours min.  I don't think they are able to order the part in advance without seeing your car first.

I hope you are wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. Par for the course with Ford.

My dealer ordered the part and did not ask to see the car first.  It has not come in so far.

There may be a Ford server problem this morning.  I ran a Vehicle Health Report earlier this morning that said it completed successfully.  The report has not shown up in my account at ford owner.

Other than that I'm wondering if the ID of the new modem was linked to the VIN of your car by the dealer that installed it.  The web site may still be trying to contact the ID of the old modem.

I just went out for lunch and still nothing (I had deleted the car out on Saturday).  I did run the VHR and I received the email.  The strange thing is the FSA for the modem is still showing on my account. 

Edited by Timewellspent