Ford Fusion Energi Forum

What info needed to install MFM for 2016 FFE on smartphone?

howardbc

Hi. I am going to try to help someone who has a 2016 FFE to install the MFM app on their phone. I have a 2013 FFE and the MFM has worked most of the time for me, but it has been 3 years since I installed the MFM app and I don't remember what kind of info it needed. Obviously a username and password, but what other info does the app need in order to set up MFM for a 2016 FFE? 

The person with the 2016 FFE is a little overwhelmed with technology and has severe arthritis, so I'm trying to help her out. I don't remember what kind of phone she has but I know it's fairly new. Not sure if it is an iPhone or an Android. 

I have had problems with MFM not working for many days from time to time, so I hope the version for the 2016 FFE works better. I will try to set up the 4-digit passcode for her. 

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks. 

Set up MFM with the car using the website.  It has been a long time but you will have to specify the VIN and the color at least in addition to a user ID (email address) and a password.

http://www,myfordmobile.com

Only after it is working properly with the website then download and install it on the smartphone.  You need the user ID and password for the website and it will ask you to create a 4 digit numeric pin to make connecting from the smartphone easier.  On Android it is "MyFord Mobile".

Thanks so much, Murphy! Yes, I'd forgotten that I needed to set up the app on the website on my PC first. I have printed out your instructions and will try to set things up for her. She doesn't think she needs it but when I told her it would help if her car is ever stolen, she became more interested.

Thanks again.