Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Taking Delivery Tomorrow -- Energi Titanium 2016

feinstei

Well, I'm trading in my 2012 Volt (with 67,500 miles) tomorrow morning on a 2016 Ford Energi Titanium.  I'm looking forward to having a flat back seat for my dog and a trunk (I hated the hatchback design of the Volt and the hump in the back seat).   They have some very good deals on financing etc, so it was time to "upgrade".   The Volt served me well for the past 4.5 years and I never had a day of problems with it.   I'm looking for a long life on the Energi.....

Edited by jeff_h

Welcome!  I went from a 2013 Energi to a 2016 Volt, but we still have my wife's 2013 Energi.

The body style preference is subjective - I like the hatchback better, but the larger back seat on the Fusion Energi is far better if hauling kids around as my wife often does.

I think you will find the ride better in the Energi, as it rides like a mid-size and the Volt rides like a compact... they both ride OK but I think there is definitely a smoother ride in the Energi.

I think you will also like the functionality of Sync better than MyLink, each one does the job but the MyLink in my Volt is a little bit bit buggy, seems like it has the software maturity level of Sync 3.5.1 that was in our 2013 FFH and when we updated to 3.6.2 in 2013 it fixed much of that (so I wouldn't be surprised it a software update for MyLink is forthcoming that will improve that too).  So every person has their own observations, those are mine on the infotainment and I wonder if you'll find the same.

But all-in-all you can't go wrong with either car IMHO, so let us know how things go!