Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Unable to set up vehicle profile in MFM

SteveinMN

I have a 2016 Fusion Energi and previously owned a 2013 Energi. The old car worked great with MFM. The new car (purchased last November) hasn't worked at all for advanced features. I have successfully completed all four steps of the verification. I can track odometer and remote start the car (via the Web site). If I try it on a mobile phone I get an error (-1). The Website won't let me save anything and the section to choose the vehicle color is blank. I've tried every browser imaginable, on probably five different computers. I have spoken to the MFM technicians five different times. The first one (December) said it was a known problem and to "check back in six weeks." I did, and after waiting a half hour to speak to someone, I was told to pull fuse 10, which he said was under the left instrument panel. The owner's manual was required to tell me it's now in the hood, but I pulled that for 10 minutes. Did nothing. Called back the next day - too late: they were closed. Called the next week, was told to pull Fuse 15. Did nothing. Rep said it may "take up to 24 hours to work." Nope. Nothing. Disconnected the 12V battery for a half hour from the next rep - nothing at all. Dealer has looked at it three times but says there's nothing wrong with the vehicle, and that I have to call Ford (they refuse).

I've been reading the forums, but all of the other users I've seen can't get past step 3. I have no problems finishing all steps - it's that I can't set up the profile in MFM and the mobile apps error out before I can get in them after they try to access the VIN.

Help?

post-2135-0-67336600-1462848006_thumb.png

Sorry to hear about your issues - wasn't there discussion a couple years back about some VINs not being put into some system or being put in incorrectly?  I think I remember something like that, maybe that's the "known issue" part?

Only going based on from my own experiences and what I recall seeing others also post, the web site seemed to be more reliable and thus the place to set things up, and once completed then install the mobile app and then add the vehicle.

So if it were me I would try the below (sorry if you've already tried them, I don't see them mentioned specifically above):

1 - Go into MFM account and delete the vehicle;

2 - Remove the MFM mobile app until you get the car set up successfully with the web site;

3 - Pull that fuse again and wait 24 hours (may not be needed but if there is some type of daily refresh on their side I'm wondering if this might help?);

4 - Try to add vehicle in MFM through the web site, with doing the first confirmation in the car and then the second after 24 hours;

5 - Hoping that the above step #4 was successful, if so then the car would be working OK through the MFM web site, then install the mobile app from scratch and try to add the car.

Again, sorry if you've already done all this, but worth asking... good luck!

Everyday I lose a little more hope that trading in my 2014 for a 2017 would result in a better experience.

I had a *much* better experience with my 2013. Admittedly, it's my own fault, but I had assumed that by upgrading to the "Titanium" trim I'd get all of the features. While I gained the garage door opener in the sun visor, the "mood lighting," and A/C seats, I lost BLIS, adaptive wipers, auto-park, and about 6 miles of EV range on a full charge (actual, not just what the dash used to say). I don't know why they changed up the dashboard so much, either... why get rid of the summary of how many EV/regen miles the car has gone? Why get rid of the estimated miles remaining on the battery indicator? I'd wait until there's a brand refresh, ​openair so that at least you'll get the better range that has to be coming on the next model (if they expect to have any competition at all with the new Tesla.

Sorry to hear about your issues - wasn't there discussion a couple years back about some VINs not being put into some system or being put in incorrectly?  I think I remember something like that, maybe that's the "known issue" part?

Only going based on from my own experiences and what I recall seeing others also post, the web site seemed to be more reliable and thus the place to set things up, and once completed then install the mobile app and then add the vehicle.

So if it were me I would try the below (sorry if you've already tried them, I don't see them mentioned specifically above):

1 - Go into MFM account and delete the vehicle;

2 - Remove the MFM mobile app until you get the car set up successfully with the web site;

3 - Pull that fuse again and wait 24 hours (may not be needed but if there is some type of daily refresh on their side I'm wondering if this might help?);

4 - Try to add vehicle in MFM through the web site, with doing the first confirmation in the car and then the second after 24 hours;

5 - Hoping that the above step #4 was successful, if so then the car would be working OK through the MFM web site, then install the mobile app from scratch and try to add the car.

Again, sorry if you've already done all this, but worth asking... good luck!

Tried all of these... thanks for the suggestions, but I am pretty sure it's because the system doesn't know what kind of car I have. I don't think the VIN is recognized. The car is communicating with MFM - it can be remote started, and odometer readings show up as well as time to charge. But I get the "generic" car silhouette and no ability to customize it. My guess is that the color selector control on the website is based on the kind of car you have, and since it can't figure out what kind of car I have due to the VIN not being recognized, it can't figure out what features the car supports. Maybe someone from Ford actually watches these forums and will contact me to investigate.

Maybe someone from Ford actually watches these forums and will contact me to investigate.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Multiple times someone on this forum will offer 'extra help' for an issue and put me into contact with a customer service manager who in the end tells me they cannot help and only actually offer assistance with out of warranty issues.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Multiple times someone on this forum will offer 'extra help' for an issue and put me into contact with a customer service manager who in the end tells me they cannot help and only actually offer assistance with out of warranty issues.

Well, on another thread there was a Ford rep who worked with people on an individual basis and got the entries for their cars corrected in some database. Unfortunately, it didn't say what database, and another futile call to MFM support tonight proved that they have no idea, either.

Well, on another thread there was a Ford rep who worked with people on an individual basis and got the entries for their cars corrected in some database. Unfortunately, it didn't say what database, and another futile call to MFM support tonight proved that they have no idea, either.

There still is - the below user is from Ford and helped me with an issue a couple years ago, I checked profile and the last logon was earlier today... so send a PM and maybe they can get your VINs loaded properly, as we've seen others with that same issue previously. 

FordIVTteam

It seems like every year it takes them a while to get the tables updated that show the allowable combinations of model year and color.  I went through this with my 2014 Focus Electric.  I remember a "hack" that someone discovered that let us get it working.  I'll see if I can find the old post on the topic

I found it!  I'm not sure if the current situation is the same, but it sounds very similar.  Ironically, it appears I found the original info on this forum :-)

Quote:

I renamed my car on MyFordMobile and the color changed to black. The ability to change the color in the vehicle settings was not working for me. I found this on a Fusion Energi forum and it allowed me to unhide and select the correct color for my car!

Quote:

Hey all, I've figured out a way to change the color on My Ford Mobile website using Google Chrome. It's a matter of hiding some CSS to get the colors to show up so you can actually click on the radio buttons.

1) Using Chrome, go to My Ford Mobile, login, and head to My Account > Vehicle and Driver Management > Edit your vehicle

2) Where you see "Vehicle Color" and the save button, the empty space left of the save button just under vehicle color (where you would expect the colors to show up), right click there and select "Inspect Element"

3) Your Chrome window should get divided horizontally and you should see the web page in the top half, the web site code on the bottom left. On the bottom right you should see the CSS code.

4) It will have highlighted a line of code <fieldset class>. You need to expand that line and find <div class="parbase vehiclecolorform"> which was four lines down for me and expand that also.

5) You should now see the colors listed as <dl class="itemAction vehicleColor hidden js_addVehicleColorOption clearFix"> so select one of those lines (just highlight it) and now head over to the part on the right where the CSS is.

6) Find the section ( it was 3rd for me) starting with .mobile, .hidden { and UNCHECK display: none !important; and also UNCHECK text-indent: -9999px;

7) You should now see the list of colors appear on the web page up top! You can select the radio buttons and press save to make your modification.

This trick may no longer work if they update their page and change the CSS, but it looks like they're in no rush to do that.

Oh and you should be able to close the code section by clicking on the X at the top right of the CSS area (basically in the divider between the top and bottom halfs)

Cheers
icon_e_smile.gif

Even though the instructions are for Chrome, I was able to do the same thing using Firefox by following essentially the same steps

I can't take credit for this, all credit goes to leukosaima on fordfusionenergiforum

Edited by cwstnsko

Thanks for the into: unfortunately either they've changed their site code or the parameters for my vehicle are not set to allow those sections to appear. When I do it I see ==0 for several of the lines of code, and there are no .mobile or .hidden in line 6. I have to hope that Ford will eventually get back to me.