Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Low Tire Pressure Warning and Status Report Problem

decker12

I have a couple of quick questions on my 10 month old 2015 Fusion Energi.

Today while driving on the highway for about 30 minutes I had a "low tire pressure" warning pop up on my left HUD. Thinking I had a tire starting to go flat, I immediately left the highway and pulled over and did a finger test on my tires (I didn't have a tire gauge handy). Everything felt fine, no obvious low tire pressure. Parked at work, checked back in 4 hours, still no obvious signs of loss of tire pressure.

The alert sadly won't tell me which tire it thinks is low, just that I have low tire pressure. I assume there's some sort of sensor reporting this, and I'm thinking the sensor has a problem, which is disappointing as I have only 6,000 miles on the car.

I won't be able to get to the dealer to have this looked at for at least another day or two. Is this a common problem?

Also, I've never been able to do a Vehicle Status Report. It will dial the number (I'll hear it dial and then ring over Bluetooth) then it'll sit in silence for a minute and bring up a report submission failed kind of error. I've tried it many times over the past 10 months in many different locations, so I know it's not a problem with coverage or my phone itself. I was hoping that if I can run this report I'll be able to read it and maybe figure out what tire it thinks has low pressure, but maybe that won't even be part of the report if it even runs.

First on the sending of the VHR, go into your syncmyride account and make sure your cell phone number is registered there, as it's a security measure to prevent their server from getting inputs from unknown phones - which your phone is until you sign into your account and give it the OK. I suspect maybe this hasn't been done yet?

Next, to the tire question - we have had the tire pressure light come on several times, and below are some of the reasons (it has never been the TPMS sensor, which of course is possible but not likely with only a few thousand miles), I suspect you may have the same but it's not visible yet  by sight and needs a tire pressure check to see which one needs attention.

And it's not like we do any off-road driving, just regular driving around on normal roads -- there's just a lot of trash out there.  And in each of the below, none of them had air escaping quickly (so it was the low tire pressure light that alerted us) and the only one that was apparent while driving was the last one since there was a loud ticking while driving as it a big rock was stuck in the tread.

Energi_Tire_20151225_zpst6dwbuvn.jpg

Tire_20130925a_zps0e48dfdd.jpg

Tire_20130925d_zpsc8f7134e.jpg

Tire_Bolt_zps8fdfb86d.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

I have checked the SyncmyRide site and I've had my phone number listed in there since I bought my car. I also don't have anything plugged into any of the USB ports. My caller ID isn't being blocked either.

On the Syncmyride site, in the area where I can change my phone number, I've seen this for the past 10 months. That's some maintenance window...

Your Notifications

Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As far as the tire sensor goes, I'll find a tire gauge and figure out which one has the problem and check for any thing like in the pictures you posted. If I don't see anything obvious in the tire, I'll bring it to the dealership on the off chance it's the sensor (and have them look at the syncmyride bit too). Otherwise, if I do find some nail stuck in it, am I fine bringing it to any tire shop for the repair? Is there anything special with the fact that it has this tire pressure sensor and I should only have it looked at by the dealership?

If you have already put your cell phone number into your account, send a PM to 'FordIVTTeam' with your contact info (including the cell number you use) and your VIN and they should be able to check other things.

If there is something in your tire then you can go to any tire shop, any mainstream shop would be well-versed in working with the TPMS sensors that are in each wheel, it should be no big deal for them.

I have checked the SyncmyRide site and I've had my phone number listed in there since I bought my car. I also don't have anything plugged into any of the USB ports. My caller ID isn't being blocked either.

On the Syncmyride site, in the area where I can change my phone number, I've seen this for the past 10 months. That's some maintenance window...

Your Notifications

Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As far as the tire sensor goes, I'll find a tire gauge and figure out which one has the problem and check for any thing like in the pictures you posted. If I don't see anything obvious in the tire, I'll bring it to the dealership on the off chance it's the sensor (and have them look at the syncmyride bit too). Otherwise, if I do find some nail stuck in it, am I fine bringing it to any tire shop for the repair? Is there anything special with the fact that it has this tire pressure sensor and I should only have it looked at by the dealership?

Hi decker12,

I'll be happy to look into the VHR issue for you.  Please send your email address, mobile number, and VIN in a PM.

Cara