Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car cover good idea or bad?

lywcdr

I would like to get covers for my Mustangs but I hear from some that they are only good for indoor storage and can damage paint if used outside. One of these cars has only been painted for about three months and is the one I am most concerned about since the other one will be repainted next spring anyway. Good idea or bad? Any recommendations as to Type? Brand?

• 9 months later...

I would like to get covers for my Mustangs but I hear from some that they are only good for indoor storage and can damage paint if used outside. One of these cars has only been painted for about three months and is the one I am most concerned about since the other one will be repainted next spring anyway. Good idea or bad? Any recommendations as to Type? Brand?

What I've been told, by a body shop, is, using the car covers outside in the wind, dirt and dust gets under the cover and the wind moves the cover grinding the dirt and dust into the paint. If left alone for a long enough time it'll grind down to bare metal.