Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2015 Energi Will Not Charge

gtca

Plugged in my Energi yesterday and nothing, no charging.  Tried two more outlets.  If I start and shut down the car it will charge for 30 seconds then stop.  Runs fine otherwise as a hybrid.  Geez.  What is happening?

How long have you had it, and how many miles?  No other issues before this?

2 things come to mind -

1 - There is another thread on a new version of MFM that was recently released, do you use MFM?  I ask as I wonder if you've recently been in there and your car is now set to value charge to start later, or is it set to charge immediately?

2 - You mentioned that you tried a couple different outlets, but those were each with your same L1 charger that came with the car?  If so, maybe that unit has gone bad so find a public L2 station somewhere and see if the car will start charging as expected -- that's a good way to isolate whether the issue appears to be with the car or the L2 charger, but I can't tell from the above whether that's been tried.

The above is all I can think if for a user-identifiable cause (others can chime in with other possibilities), if that's not it then it's time for a trip to the dealer to have them run checks and if there's an issue with one module of the car communicating with another one (or one of those components has gone bad) then it should have a trouble code that indicates the problem and they can take it from there.

Good luck, let us know how things go.

Edited by jeff_h

If your MFM charge settings are OK, you could reset the system by disconnecting the 12 volt battery in the trunk.  Will that work?  Don't know, but it is a possibility.

You may want to read this thread:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/3880-myford-touch-charge-setting/

Edited by JATR4