Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car wouldn't start..then it did

cegarbage

Looking for some feedback before i take my car in.

My car wouldn't start this morning. Turned the ignition and heard nothing but a click. 10 hours later, I had a tow truck over. I gave him my keys, and he opened the door and the car turned on. It turned on a wrench on the display, and sync booted up as if it was doing a software update. Both never occur. I ran  vehicle health report and nothing comes up.

The driver thought the battery was dead, but it concerns me the car went from non responsive to deciding to start to charge without anything occuring (but 10 hours passing by the time i got back home and made a call).

I normally drive in electric mode. The car did sit idle for a week, and yesterday I drove it in electric mode for 10 minutes with no problem. He felt it was the battery, and stated the battery doesn't charge if the car is only in electric mode. (The only other thing worth..i think it's insignificant... noting is yesterday I turned the ignition off in the middle of re-pairing my phone. That was the last thing I did till this morning)

After the tow truck left, I drove in engine mode a few miles. When I got back in the car, the lights flickered on and off, then back on. I drove the car another 10 minutes with the gas going. I got home. When I locked, instead of hearing the usual beep, it sounded more like a wounded duck.

This car is a 2015 Energi SE with 17,000 miles on it.

Check the 12 volt battery connections in the trunk.  It sounds like a loose cable.  If they are tight then it's time for a load test on the 12 volt battery.

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-BT-100-Battery-Load-Tester/dp/B000AMBOI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467104907&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+load+tester

Edited by murphy