Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2014 Energi excessive Front Seat Leather wear

tsql-etl-bi

I'm looking for a response from Ford on this issue.

Although I know it is typical that car manufacturer warranties do not cover upholstery (leather),

it seems like excessive wear on front seat leather after only 24,000 miles (2014 Energi Titanium)

should be something Ford is concerned about as this car is competing with other $35K car opportunities

in the market place.  With the same money I paid for this Ford "buyback", I could have purchased a

Lexus LS 460 with 70K miles, but I I have never bought a Ford, liked what Ford was doing with this car,

offered more luxury and better ride than other popular plug-in/hybrids on the market and offered better

gas mileage than the Lexus (...and had a number of warranties to support risking my money with Ford).

I have not taken the car to the local dealership to ask for a new seat (or two) yet, but was curious

of Fords' view on helping me with this issue and testing if Ford is truly interested in competing with Japan's quality standard.

Thanks.

p.s. I will add some photos within the next couple of days