Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New member, Just picked up my 2016 Energi today!

Cornstalks@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats and wel​come. What made you decide on the Fusion over the Volt?

We drove a Volt, and then the Energi a week later. The Volt just felt like a toy compared to the Fusion Energi. I'm a big guy, the Volt was a little cramped, and my 8 year old immediately stated that we couldn't buy the Volt because the seats weren't comfortable. (Mouth of babes...).

I'd love the EV range of the Volt, but just couldn't do it. Our Ford dealer was looking to unload this 2016 apparently, purchased it almost $10,000 below sticker. Doesn't have all the driver assist as the titanium, but so far I'm digging it. Our daily round trip commute can be made on all EV so far, that's to and from work, with 2 detours to drop off and pick up the boy at his school. 10 days, and as far as I know haven't used an ounce of gasoline. I was paying for parking in a downtown lot, 2 free charging stations sit empty most all the time right beside my leased space. That's what got me looking at EV's initially.

I just wish instead of the Sync the Ford had the Apple software. The Sync/entertainment/nav system is a little wonky. 

Installed my GE Durastation at home this weekend, so it's all good so far!