Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New 2016 FFE Owner - Seal Beach CA

pixelmixer

Had it 2 weeks now.  Previous 2010 Prius V owner.  Love the FFE ride and overall efficiency.

Have some rattles/buzzing in door panels to assess.  One in particular I fixed.  It was a "twanging" sound that emanated from the rear passenger trunk area.  I determined it to be coming from the SONY amp bolted to the rear trunk inner fender well.  I pulled the right trunk fender well liner off, and tapped on the amp. The noise was replicated. I silenced it by placing a foam block between the amp and fender well.

Quite frankly, the physics of having a large, relatively heavy object such as an amplifier bolted to a thin sheet metal bracket that isn't supported on both ends is silly.

If others have experienced this sound from the rear passenger-side trunk area, and have a SONY amp back there; the fix could be what I described.

Next up: Finding the source of a rattle inside the pillar behind the driver's head that holds the seat belt retractor unit.  I think there is an air bag in there as well.post-2283-0-04195600-1471144653_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by pixelmixer