Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Check Engine Light - battery drained

Neil

I was in a parking garage this morning and dropped the car off with the valet and let them park it.  The traction battery was empty but there was still some in the hybrid battery.  When I went to pick it up 45 minutes later, I immediately noticed the ICE was running, and thought it was strange since the car was only parked a few rows over, and the speed was which the valet was driving it was basically walking speed.  

When I got in, the check engine light was on and the hybrid battery was almost 100% drained.  I drove for about an hour and the hybrid battery got up to almost full, but the engine stayed on, even at stop lights.  I turned it off and on, but the check engine light (CEL) stayed on, and the autostart did not work.  

After the car sat for about 30 minutes (stopped for lunch, Burrito, Moe's Monday) the autostart started working but the CEL was still on.  I fully charged it on a level II charger and it only pulled 5.2kw (I normally pull 5.7-5.8).  Also the estimated mileage was only 19 miles, and I usually have an estimate of 22-24.  

Any ideas on what could be going on?  I will try to pull the code when I get home and see what it is. I got a CEL one other time,but my OBDC code reader was not able to get a code from it.   The CEL went away after a day the last time.