Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Please allow me to introduce myself....

Pg3ibew

My name is Pete. I am a 49 year old white male. Living in the best city in the world, New York. Married for 25 years with 3 adult sons. All Ford drivers. With very few exceptions, I have owned Fords my entire life. In our house we have:

2006 Mustang GT Convertible, 5 speed. Screaming yellow with black stripes. All sorts of bolt ons as well.

2016 Focus. Gas Grey

2016 Fusion SE. Gas. Grey

And a newly leased 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi. White Plug in hybrid.

One son owns a Saturn. I will be throwing him out of the house soon, if he doesnt buy a Ford in the near future. Lmao

My kids love their Focus and Fusion. I love my old Mustang and I am driving the ENERGI as well. The boss, the mrs.,does not drive.

The Energi is a massive gas saver compared to the other vehicles, especially the Mustang. I find it a CHALLENGE to use as little gasoline as possible whem driving. I actually find myself EASING ON AND OFF The gas. As opposed to the Mustang, where it is SLAM IT IN GEAR AND DRIVE AS HARD AS I CAN. LMAO.

My one gripe with Ford. Can we please bring the production of the these vehicles back to the good ole US of A? One of the proudest things about showing off my pristine Mustang GT to friends is pointing out the UAW sticker in the window.

Pleasure to join the forums.

My name is Pete. I am a 49 year old white male. Living in the best city in the world, New York. Married for 25 years with 3 adult sons. All Ford drivers. With very few exceptions, I have owned Fords my entire life. In our house we have:

2006 Mustang GT Convertible, 5 speed. Screaming yellow with black stripes. All sorts of bolt ons as well.

2016 Focus. Gas Grey

2016 Fusion SE. Gas. Grey

And a newly leased 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi. White Plug in hybrid.

One son owns a Saturn. I will be throwing him out of the house soon, if he doesnt buy a Ford in the near future. Lmao

My kids love their Focus and Fusion. I love my old Mustang and I am driving the ENERGI as well. The boss, the mrs.,does not drive.

The Energi is a massive gas saver compared to the other vehicles, especially the Mustang. I find it a CHALLENGE to use as little gasoline as possible whem driving. I actually find myself EASING ON AND OFF The gas. As opposed to the Mustang, where it is SLAM IT IN GEAR AND DRIVE AS HARD AS I CAN. LMAO.

My one gripe with Ford. Can we please bring the production of the these vehicles back to the good ole US of A? One of the proudest things about showing off my pristine Mustang GT to friends is pointing out the UAW sticker in the window.

Pleasure to join the forums.

Welcome. I, too, have a Mustang GT Convertible - a 2000. My wife has a 2011 Lincoln MKZ; our younger daughter drives a 2011 Focus, and our son drives a 2012 Escape. Our older daughter drove a 1999 Sable during med school (courtesy of dear mom and dad), but has been driving Hondas since graduating med school. Haven't taken her out of the will. Yet.

My Mustang GT is our top-down-weather-only car (less than 19K miles in 16 years). It has seen rain exactly once in those 16 years (I mistimed a drive home - it got a brief sprinkle). Hibernates all winter. Still completely stock and looks brand new.

So, I'm kind of a Jekyll-and-Hyde driver now as well. We love driving through the country, hills and mountains pushing the GT to the limit. The Energi? Well, I drive it like a little, old lady - squeezing every possible mile out of the battery (and ICE on the highway).