Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Odd issue.. CEL, Vehicle Plugged In? Yes/No, Blinking charge ring

Platinum15Ti

Looks like I need to schedule a dealer visit... I have a check engine light and every time I get in the car, it displays vehicle plugged in? Yes/No. Even if you select no you have to hit the button multiple time before it starts. The charge ring is also flashing when driving and seems to blink constantly. I came out of work last week to a dead battery...

4C4AD76D-7CB4-468F-81FF-5D3B7EB32C96_zps

0FB504F1-F6F5-4D89-A34B-5E98B94E3466_zps

Video -

I had a similar issue with the blinking ring and the prompts about being plugged in several times last month, as did a co-worker.  It seemed to happen after charging at a particular bank of chargers at work over the course of a couple of weeks.  After a couple of restarts and/or charging at home, the issue would go away only to return after I charged from those chargers.  I haven't had the problem in a couple of weeks now, so I would recommend that you see if it seems to be related to the specific charging station that you are using, and so perhaps reporting the issue to the charge station owner.

It does it no matter where I charge and if I don't charge.. I called and asked if I could bring it in for service Friday since I'm off work.. Varsity Ford has the best customer service I've ever received. They said we will send someone to pick it up from you and drop off a loaner right now. They arrived at my workplace with a 2017 Fusion. My car did everything noted above while they were here, so that's good because usually my luck is the issue not being able to be duplicated lol

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...