Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Weird static and chirping on any audio input?

oshout

I just purchased a used 2015 Energi.

I notice that when the car's audio is on, regardless of volume or input, there is a hissing which changes volume slightly while driving, and if you listen especially carefully, there's chriping and beeping going on in the background.

I also notice that sometimes while driving, especailly while breaking - the audio puts out a fair bit of 'static' noise, but it doesn't sound like it's masking anything. When I turn the audio system off, the hissing, chriping and bad 'static' noise go away.

It seems like my options are:

Constant music above the volume of the beeping & hissing

or to turn off the audio.

I tried to explain to the ford rep what was going on, but he seemed eager to push me out the door without addressing anything "We must have an issue to look at before we can begin to address" he said when I asked about updating the firmware of the components.

The manual suggests that if I need these types of update, and the dealership isn't being especailly helpful, to contact Ford directly to go for a full-featured update process.

Any advice, or perhaps does anyone know the names of components so that I can better ask for specific updates?

Thanks for your time.