Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Recall Notice - Modem

chuck855

Hi all, I just got this recall notice:

• FSA Title: EMBEDDED MODEM REPLACEMENT
  • Field Service Action Number: 15N04

Anyone know what the issue is with the modem?  Any new features?

Thanks,

Chuck

The short version is that the original modem will not work after 12/31/2016 since AT&T is shutting down 2G service.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Modem recall done today & now the remote app no longer communicates with the car.  The dealer 'thinks' For won't activate the new service until January 2017....

Somewhat disturbing.

It's sad that the dealers are so poorly informed. It should work. You may need to remove the car and re-add it, but I didn't have to.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this issue?  I had my modem replace according FSA 15N04, and now I the app cannot remote start, unlock/lock doors, etc...  All it does is update the range and battery status.  I get messages such as "lock failed", and then "contact dealer FSA 15N04".

You need to go back to the dealer, this is not as designed. Just verified that I can lock my doors/communicate with my car after the update. 

I did have an issue where the car's range was stuck at 11 miles (what it was when I dropped it off) for a week or two but that cleared up on its own. 

Before you take it to the dealer you might try removing and re-adding the vehicle to you MFM account. Just remember that if you do this you'll have to touch Allow on the confirmation prompts from within the vehicle 24 hours apart. I tried this last week in an attempt to solve my value charging problem and, at least for me, it does not wipe out your trip log, achievements, and other stats. If that does not work then you can try deleting your MFM entirely and reregistering. I also did this last week. It's pretty invasive though because you'll lose all of your MFM data.