Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFordMobile stuck at 10 miles fully charged

tripper

I had the modem replacement done Friday.  Since then when I charge, my read out on both my phone and computer says "10 Miles" , whether it is empty, or fully charged.  Car says 24, or 0 when empty.  Is there a reset button somewhere for the on line thing?  Not major, just annoying.

Common problem for everyone.

I have a case open to have it investigated.  The 10 miles was the reading when the old modem was removed.  In my case it is 19 miles.

Mine says 4. Was wondering if that was happening for anyone else.

I have noticed that traffic alerts have started working again. I also am able to communicate with the car now anytime I try.  :)

See my previous post.  I now believe that it has happened to everyone that had a modem upgrade.  Very likely related to the fact that cars later than 2013 do not have the mileage estimation overlaid on the battery graphic.  The new modem probably triggered a path through the MFM code that doesn't try to read it from the car.

I had the modem replacement done Friday.  Since then when I charge, my read out on both my phone and computer says "10 Miles" , whether it is empty, or fully charged.  Car says 24, or 0 when empty.  Is there a reset button somewhere for the on line thing?  Not major, just annoying.

Mine says 4. Was wondering if that was happening for anyone else.

I have noticed that traffic alerts have started working again. I also am able to communicate with the car now anytime I try.  :)

tripper and meyersnole,

If the mileage is still incorrect, please PM the VIN for further troubleshooting.

Cara

Here is an interesting picture of my car charging this morning.

attachicon.gifUntitled2.jpg

Note that the battery is almost empty and charging.  The mileage overlay estimate says 19 miles.

The overall battery estimate says 380 miles.  If only that were true.

Mine did that the very first charge after getting the new modem.  Hasn't done it since.  You can see the 11 miles my car is stuck at :

post-1445-0-66010600-1481123812_thumb.jpg

Do you mind sharing with all or do we all need to PM you first?

She asked me to pull fuse #10 and recheck.

I probably wont do it until tomorrow as it is very difficult to get to my fuse box and am a bit sore today from too much gym this week :)

Edited by meyersnole

She asked me to pull fuse #10 and recheck.

I probably wont do it until tomorrow as it is very difficult to get to my fuse box and am a bit sore today from too much gym this week :)

I have done that (pulled back the trim to reach in there and it was a PITA.  It did nothing, but not sure if I left it out long enough as I wanted to keep my arm in the same spot so I could get it back in.  I saw someone posted on the MFM forum that they unplugged the modem and plugged it back in and that fixed it.  Someone asked how do you do this, but the person hasn't responded.  I'm wondering if he/she thought it fixed the problem, but only changed it to what the current status was at.

I have done that (pulled back the trim to reach in there and it was a PITA.  It did nothing, but not sure if I left it out long enough as I wanted to keep my arm in the same spot so I could get it back in.  I saw someone posted on the MFM forum that they unplugged the modem and plugged it back in and that fixed it.  Someone asked how do you do this, but the person hasn't responded.  I'm wondering if he/she thought it fixed the problem, but only changed it to what the current status was at.

Timewellspent,

If the fuse pull didn't resolve the problem, please feel free to PM the VIN.  I can submit a case and have this issue researched for you.

Cara

Cara, 

With all due respect it is time that Ford recognized that this problem is common to EVERY car that has had the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) [modem] upgraded.  Nothing else changed in the car.  The communication between the car and the web site is completely screwed up.  Show them this picture of my car charging yesterday.

post-73-0-38157700-1481213842_thumb.jpg

I would be ecstatic if my battery would move the car 380 miles.

It's been a week since mine, same issue. I was at 0 EV miles and even with a full battery, remotely shows 0. Shows 'correct' but let's nit get into my HVB loss of charge capacity here. It's also not allowing any of my saved value charges to work. I can set the default to delay charge, but only the default values. No changes get saved, ether in the car or remotely (app/web). You cannot change your value charge times in the car so I cannot test anything with them.

I've reset the value charges back to value. After some random interval the car seems to change the user settings of the value charges including times and whether they are set to value charge.

Very odd weirdness from a modem 'upgrade'.

It's been a week since mine, same issue. I was at 0 EV miles and even with a full battery, remotely shows 0. Shows 'correct' but let's nit get into my HVB loss of charge capacity here. It's also not allowing any of my saved value charges to work. I can set the default to delay charge, but only the default values. No changes get saved, ether in the car or remotely (app/web). You cannot change your value charge times in the car so I cannot test anything with them.

I've reset the value charges back to value. After some random interval the car seems to change the user settings of the value charges including times and whether they are set to value charge.

Very odd weirdness from a modem 'upgrade'.

shaggy314,

Check your PM's.  I replied to your message. :)

Cara