Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2015 Ford Fusion Energi SE Multiple Problems

mbleiweiss1

A little background first.  Found a great deal on a CPO 2015 Energi, 4000 miles on it, to replace my wife's TDI which hopefully will be bought back soon.  Never got better than 38mpg with the  TDI and looks like the cv axles will need to be replaced, hopefully VW gets it before that happens, 45000 miles on a 2013.

Bought the enrgi first weekend in Nov, wife loves it.  She has a 20 mile round trip commute for work, so it works out great, plus we have 30 solar panels out in the yard, so pretty much free to charge.  Drove 190 miles to Roswell, NM for my sons football game(Nov. 18), worked great, next morning it was 25 degrees, and the car would not start, the wrench light was on, fuel door would not open with the switch, and all sorts of error messages were on the display.  Had it towed to the local Ford dealer, sat there all day (Saturday), finally around noon they decide to start working on it, said that it needed a full charge before they could diagnose, took five hours on 220 to charge.  Wife and I took a Rental car back home.  Monday the dealer called and said that it needed a sensor for the transmission, part took a week to get in.  Next, Ford Service told them to replace the PCM, that got there in 3 days, Takes us to today Dec. 6, still having issues, Ford Service is now having them replace the wiring harness due to possible corrosion.  Will keep you posted as this progresses, Dec. 19th is when NM lemon law will kick in.  Wife really loves this car, want it fixed!    12/10/16   Now ford is planning on replacing the transmission, wiring harness did not fix it.   The saga continues........Transmission came in on Dec. 16th, said it would take a day and a half to install, today the 21st of Dec they tell me they are waiting on a gasket that did not come with the transmission kit.  With Christmas, maybe we will get the car back next week sometime, assuming the transmission took care of the problems.  12/28/16  Picked up the car, ran great for 120 miles then died again, waited an hour for AAA after Ford Road Side assistance said the eta on their truck was 2.5 hours.  Continuing case with Ford.  Ford customer service has been incredible on the phone!

Edited by mbleiweiss1

All work is being done under warranty. Also the dealer said that the 12v battery had a bad cell, in service date on the vehicle was 2/16. Told the dealer that I was not paying for a new 12v battery and it had better be covered by the warranty.

Wiring harness has now been replaced, still has not solved the issues.  Now Ford is replacing the transmission.

Yeah, 12v batteries go bad all the time. I wouldn't sweat that. But, replacing the transmission is pretty significant. They're usually pretty reliable, but there have been reports of people needing to have them replaced. And remember this transmission is not your typical variety. The electrical problem could definitely be in there somewhere. The good thing is the transmission is a hybrid-unique component so it is warrantied to 100,000 I believe. Please keep us posted.

Edited by bdginmo