Ford Fusion Energi Forum

"Value charge" profiles not working

mikenmar

mikenmar and Timewellspent,

Have you verified that the SYNC software is up to date?  If so, perform a fuse pull if you're comfortable with it.  You'll pull Fuse #10 which is located under the instrument panel on the left side of the steering column.  Be sure to replace the fuse in its correction location.  Once the fuse has been pulled and replaced, try setting up the Value Charge Profile again.  If the issue hasn't been resolved, please PM your first and last name, email, best contact number, and VIN to submit a case.

Cara

The owner.ford.com website says my Sync version (3.6) is "up to date."  It was last updated 2014.  But it looks like there's a 3.8 version out there. 

Should I upgrade to 3.8, and if so where are the instructions for doing so?

This is a 2013 Energi.

thanks

Edited by mikenmar

The owner.ford.com website says my Sync version (3.6) is "up to date."  It was last updated 2014.  But it looks like there's a 3.8 version out there. 

Should I upgrade to 3.8, and if so where are the instructions for doing so?

This is a 2013 Energi.

thanks

PM the VIN and I'll see if you have V3.8 available.  This was pulled from the accounts due to installation issues, but is still available for dealer installation.

Cara

PM the VIN and I'll see if you have V3.8 available.  This was pulled from the accounts due to installation issues, but is still available for dealer installation.

Cara

OK, I PM'd you my VIN.

But do I really have to take it to the dealer?  My local dealer doesn't have any free appointments for the next two weeks.  And they can never do anything in an hour.  I always have to drop off my car in the morning and leave it there the entire day.  It's a hassle.

Edited by mikenmar

OK, I PM'd you my VIN.

But do I really have to take it to the dealer?  My local dealer doesn't have any free appointments for the next two weeks.  And they can never do anything in an hour.  I always have to drop off my car in the morning and leave it there the entire day.  It's a hassle.

I replied to your PM.  Unfortunately, the V3.8 update isn't available for self installation and is dealer install only.

Cara

I have the same issue.  I had the modem upgrade done last Tuesday, and ever since then I've been unable to get my Value Charge to "stick" while using the My Ford Mobile app.  I tried to do it from the touch screen in the car, but there is a (new?) message telling me to use the app. instead.

I tried to find Fuse #10 yesterday, but I'm physically unable to contort myself (head next to brake pedal) to be able to identify - much less pull - fuse #10.

I've submitted my VIN and contact info to Cara.

Thanks!
Henry Hadley 

I have the same issue.  I had the modem upgrade done last Tuesday, and ever since then I've been unable to get my Value Charge to "stick" while using the My Ford Mobile app.  I tried to do it from the touch screen in the car, but there is a (new?) message telling me to use the app. instead.

I tried to find Fuse #10 yesterday, but I'm physically unable to contort myself (head next to brake pedal) to be able to identify - much less pull - fuse #10.

Thanks!

Henry Hadley 

The panel by your knees under the steering wheel is able to be pulled away, and that will reveal a hole that you can look through and see the fuse panel.  FAR easier than being an acrobat.

Don't waste your time trying to pull the fuse for this issue.  It will not work as I have tried it and so have others.  He are others having same issue:  https://discussions.myfordmobile.com/discussions/MyFord_Mobile_Discussions/BEV_General_AllElectric_Questions/2016_FFE_not_recognizing_charging_locations_value_charging/mfm010000d1/960.1?nav=messages

Thanks!

Henry Hadley 

Henry,

Check you PMs for my reply. :)

Cara

Cara - maybe you'd like to enlighten the rest of us who also have this ridiculous problem instead of just PMing Henry?

Those of us in Canada who are completely avoiding this field service action due to all the issues reported here by multiple owners while there is nothing wrong with our current modem are also curious. My original 2g modem still works flawlessly because the MFM provider here in canada is not dropping 2g yet.

Edited by openair

Don't waste your time trying to pull the fuse for this issue.  It will not work as I have tried it and so have others.  He are others having same issue:  https://discussions.myfordmobile.com/discussions/MyFord_Mobile_Discussions/BEV_General_AllElectric_Questions/2016_FFE_not_recognizing_charging_locations_value_charging/mfm010000d1/960.1?nav=messages

Was your Sync software up to date when you tried it?  (I think it should be 3.8.)  Trying to figure out if I should bother to go through this. 

Cara - maybe you'd like to enlighten the rest of us who also have this ridiculous problem instead of just PMing Henry?

Blastphemy,

I understand your frustrations, but Henry had reached out with his personal info in a PM.  I looked at the vehicle software and he has an update available, which I recommended he install.  If you're still having issues with your vehicle, feel free to PM your VIN and I'll be happy to take a look at the vehicle info.

Cara

Was your Sync software up to date when you tried it?  (I think it should be 3.8.)  Trying to figure out if I should bother to go through this. 

Yes, I have the most recent version 3.8.  Everything works but the value charge.  Car knows it is at a charge location by saying it is at home or at work charging, but only uses the default charge setting.  I have tried to delete out home and work profiles from MFM (since the car doesn't allow you to do it from there), but when I do it fails to sync with the car so it won't delete. I have edited the default from the car to create a value charge for charging at my home times which works, but then I need to remember to put it back to charge now when I stop at work.

Car knows it is at a charge location by saying it is at home or at work charging, but only uses the default charge setting.  I have tried to delete out home and work profiles from MFM (since the car doesn't allow you to do it from there), but when I do it fails to sync with the car so it won't delete. I have edited the default from the car to create a value charge for charging at my home times which works, but then I need to remember to put it back to charge now when I stop at work.

That's my exact problem too. MyFord Mobile knows I'm home, but the car doesn't. Tried deleting all profiles and previous charge locations multiple times to no avail. Makes no sense that a different modem would break all this functionality - it's just hardware! How did all the software get corrupted so badly??

That's my exact problem too. MyFord Mobile knows I'm home, but the car doesn't. Tried deleting all profiles and previous charge locations multiple times to no avail. Makes no sense that a different modem would break all this functionality - it's just hardware! How did all the software get corrupted so badly??

My Car knows its home as it shows on the little map display, but for whatever reason value charge profiles doesn't know where the car is.  I can't even delete my profiles.  When I try, sync fails and nothing changes.

I sent a PM to Cara, but never heard back.  Here is what I have noticed:

Here are my value charge profiles showing from the MFM home page.  Notice they are all set to Charge Now.

post-1445-0-60791200-1484319064_thumb.jpg

Here are my value charge profiles showing when I click view all.  Notice that VPC has two locations and they are both showing as Value Charge even though there is only one on the home page and it shows Charge Now.

post-1445-0-55086700-1484319164_thumb.jpg

Here are my charge locations.  Notice that when I click edit on that 2nd VPC location it shows it is in the middle of nowhere with no address:

post-1445-0-60426100-1484319209_thumb.jpg

I have tried to delete out the locations.  When I click delete in moves it to the Unsaved Locations.  When I click another location to delete it moves that to Unsaved Locations and moves the one I had tried to delete prior back up to Saved Location.  It will show Sync Pending after I make these changes, but after a while it fails and goes back like nothing has changed.  I have pulled the negative battery cable, I have pulled fuse 10.  Nothing seems to fix this issue.

I sent a PM to Cara, but never heard back.  Here is what I have noticed:

Here are my value charge profiles showing from the MFM home page.  Notice they are all set to Charge Now.

attachicon.gifMFM Home Page.jpg

Here are my value charge profiles showing when I click view all.  Notice that VPC has two locations and they are both showing as Value Charge even though there is only one on the home page and it shows Charge Now.

attachicon.gifMFM Value Charge Page.jpg

Here are my charge locations.  Notice that when I click edit on that 2nd VPC location it shows it is in the middle of nowhere with no address:

attachicon.gifMFM Charge Locations.jpg

I have tried to delete out the locations.  When I click delete in moves it to the Unsaved Locations.  When I click another location to delete it moves that to Unsaved Locations and moves the one I had tried to delete prior back up to Saved Location.  It will show Sync Pending after I make these changes, but after a while it fails and goes back like nothing has changed.  I have pulled the negative battery cable, I have pulled fuse 10.  Nothing seems to fix this issue.

Timewellspent,

For some reason I'm just now being notified of your PM, so my apologies!  However, I did respond to your message. :)

Cara

Absolutely incredible....

So I took my car to the dealer to update the Sync software.  My local dealer (Albany CA) didn't have any open appointments for two weeks, so I took it to another dealer 20 miles away (Walnut Creek).

I leave it there for two hours and they tell me they updated the software.  I drive home, and it's still not working.  Turns out they did NOT actually update the software.  They didn't do anything at all to the car.  I guess they just thought I was so stupid that I wouldn't able to figure out they didn't update the software.

I've absolutely friggin' had it with Ford and their crappy dealers...

Adding:  I've gotten the distinct impression over the years that many or most of the mechanics at these dealers don't actually understand this car or how it's supposed to work.

The last time I had a problem (the 12v battery failure) I had to download the TSB for them and explain the issue to them step by step.