Ford Fusion Energi Forum

"Value charge" profiles not working

mikenmar

Nope. Can't delete anything. I can push the value charge option until the cows come home and it will never change. It beeps when I push it, but it just stays on charge now. If I edit a profile or delete it, it does nothing. It just comes back to the same screen. Plus I cannot connect on MFM. I can log on, but the vehicle hasn't updated in weeks. It still shows the car is in a location from 3 weeks ago.

Nope. Can't delete anything. I can push the value charge option until the cows come home and it will never change. It beeps when I push it, but it just stays on charge now. If I edit a profile or delete it, it does nothing. It just comes back to the same screen. Plus I cannot connect on MFM. I can log on, but the vehicle hasn't updated in weeks. It still shows the car is in a location from 3 weeks ago.

I had those exact same problems. Solved them by pulling the 5-amp Fuse #10 (which was a supreme pain in the a$$). But it doesn't fix the main problems of the car not knowing when it's at certain Value Charge locations, or cutting off access to the MFM website when the car is parked at Home.

Good news!  I pulled fuse #10 and I can now use the value charge.  Didn't fix my MFM.  However, as long as I was contorting to reach that fuse box and had the manual open I figured I'd try the same thing on Fuse #15, which is the datalink app.  That did the trick.  My MFM updated with the car's correct location and I now can use the remote start and lock features!   :2thumbs:

Good news!  I pulled fuse #10 and I can now use the value charge.  Didn't fix my MFM.  However, as long as I was contorting to reach that fuse box and had the manual open I figured I'd try the same thing on Fuse #15, which is the datalink app.  That did the trick.  My MFM updated with the car's correct location and I now can use the remote start and lock features!   :2thumbs:

Will you clarify the value charge now working?  Does your car actually show on the car display that it is at your value charge location or does it stay in the default location? 

I was having issues setting the Go Time, which eventually devolved into the car not talking to Ford's servers at all, and timeouts from MFM. Popped these 2 fuses out and back in, and it works again, including the Go Times (both ways, set via MFM or set via the dash).

Thanks! Hope Ford gets a watchdog programmed for this so we don't have to continue to do these hard resets.

Should we mark this thread "sorta" solved, moving wopolino's post (#53) to the front of this thread?  I realize that it is not solved and just a work around, but it might save some people some time reading the whole thread? I don't use go times so I have no idea if I have issues or not, or if this works.

Does this work around not work for anyone having the issue? 

I tried pulling the fuses and while my car now can connect to MFM, it still has the same Value Charging profile problems. Ford tells me they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it with an update. How something like that can take 3 months when Tesla can do it in 3 weeks is mind-boggling.

I've been posting on the C-Max forum, but the last thing I tried was removing/readding my vehicle in MFM. That didn't seem to have any impact on the value charging profiles. But, it made me think the problem was more likely to be with MFM than the modem. The next thing I'm going to try is to delete my MFM account entirely and start over from scratch.

I've been posting on the C-Max forum, but the last thing I tried was removing/readding my vehicle in MFM. That didn't seem to have any impact on the value charging profiles. But, it made me think the problem was more likely to be with MFM than the modem. The next thing I'm going to try is to delete my MFM account entirely and start over from scratch.

I tried all of the above.  Nothing worked for me to get the profiles to change over correctly in the car.  It shows correct on MFM, but the car only stays with default.  I used the same email after deleting and recreating my MFM account, so maybe if I changed emails that might have worked, but we shouldn't have to do this.  They said they "know what the problem is".  So why can't they fix it?!

I can't say why it worked for me and not you... but one thought is make sure you're pull the right fuse 10 and 15.  They are under the steering wheel. WAY up in there!  you literally have to lay on the floorboard and contort a bit to get near them.  Plus use a fuse puller or needle nose pliers.  When I pulled 10. I turned the car on with the fuse out first, then turned it off and replaced the fuse.    Maybe that will work for you.

I can't say why it worked for me and not you... but one thought is make sure you're pull the right fuse 10 and 15.  They are under the steering wheel. WAY up in there!  you literally have to lay on the floorboard and contort a bit to get near them.  Plus use a fuse puller or needle nose pliers.  When I pulled 10. I turned the car on with the fuse out first, then turned it off and replaced the fuse.    Maybe that will work for you.

Can you confirm that your value charge profiles work.  So when you get to your home the display on the car will show that it switches from default to Home and not just on MFM?  Before I got the new modem as soon as my car would switch to EV+ I would see the default charge profile change to my Home or Work profiles.  Now it just remains at default.  Everything syncs, no timeouts so I don't want to go pulling fuses again and have it mess that stuff up.  I have my default profile set with value charge times, but it is a pain to have to turn on off when I get to work etc.

Yes, value charge profiles are working. I can switch between profiles and they timing works.  Same issue occurred with me.  Modem changed, worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks, then frozen in the default profile.  I could edit things, but it went right back to what it was before and I couldn't change the profile between value and charge now in the car or in MFM.   It's not back to normal.  I also couldn't change the go times.  Those now work.

Yes, value charge profiles are working. I can switch between profiles and they timing works.  Same issue occurred with me.  Modem changed, worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks, then frozen in the default profile.  I could edit things, but it went right back to what it was before and I couldn't change the profile between value and charge now in the car or in MFM.   It's not back to normal.  I also couldn't change the go times.  Those now work.

I feel like we are taking in circles here, but you have a "home profile" setup and it switches to that profile on its own when you arrive home correct?  Like I said I can create the profiles and they sync, I can change them and they sync.  I can see them in the car, but the car will not switch to that profile when it approaches or arrives at that location.  I have not pulled both fuses, only fuse 10.  I will wait a bit more to hear back from Joy at Ford as they are still "working on the issue", but if pulling that other fuse does solve the problem I may try it.

I feel like we are taking in circles here, but you have a "home profile" setup and it switches to that profile on its own when you arrive home correct?  Like I said I can create the profiles and they sync, I can change them and they sync.  I can see them in the car, but the car will not switch to that profile when it approaches or arrives at that location.  I have not pulled both fuses, only fuse 10.  I will wait a bit more to hear back from Joy at Ford as they are still "working on the issue", but if pulling that other fuse does solve the problem I may try it.

I've got a  2014 titanium.  It has a CHARGE NOW profile and a VALUE CHARGE profile.  As far as I know it does not know where it is and change between profiles automatically.  Mine has always required that I change it to whatever profile I need.  Normally it is in the value charge profile, where my charge times are defined by me based on my time of day charging for my power company.  If I go to a location where I plug it in, i have to either change the profile in the car or on MFM for it to charge.    My power company changes profile times between seasons, so I usually alter the value charge throughout the year.  

If there's a way I can define the profile based on location.... fill me in.

If there's a way I can define the profile based on location.... fill me in.

Log into MFM.  On the home page under value charge profiles click view all.  On the new page that loads click "my charge locations".  Here you will see the places you charged your car as "Unsaved and Saved" locations.  If you click on an unsaved location it gives you the option to name it ("home", "work", "Ford service" etc.) and then the option to setup value charge times.  Once you do this it will show on your trip and charge logs with this new name so you can easily see where you charged your car.  This is where the problem lies, the car is not switching over to these named profiles and stays with default.  The location profiles can have different hours set for value charging.  Home I have my car charge from 1am to 6am.  At work I have it set to charge from Noon to 5pm.  The default is supposed to be used for "all locations without a Value Charge Profile", so it really isn't meant to be setup as having any.value times.  As a work around I have put hours in here so I can charge at home doing the 1am to 6am, but then when I get to work and forget to switch it back and i get ready to head home I find out it didn't charge.  This is why default is setup to be just a charge now, so when you go to a store that has a free charge station and you plug in, it will start charging right away.

For whatever reason, I added my Home, and later MFM added another charging location as my address again. I added it as Home2, and set Home and Home2 to Value Charging. Yet now that Home2 is recognized as really "home", Value charging isn't sticking. Sticks fine for Home. It appears to me that it stays as "Value Charging" until I get home and plug it in, then it switches to Charge Now, and starts charging. Arggh!

• 3 weeks later...

Same here - once Ford replaced the Modem nothing worked right. The modem "broke the chain" of value charging 100%. And they did NOT test this thing out - no way, no how.

So how much did your electric bill go up before you caught it??

For me:

• I can't get a "home" profile established - the car charges there, so where the heck is the profile???? It worked great before! The new modem started saying "home" was "default" thus charged all the time.
  • My "work" profile is established - so thankfully at least ONE thing is right.
  • Master resets, fuse pulling, website leavings, erasing intranets is a waste of time. None of those things did squat.
  • Ford dealers don't deal with websites and software questions with competence. They can fix an oil leak, but have to call silicon valley for anything IT related.

So,

Since I only now have a "default" and "work" profile I must set the default to "value charge" and work to "charge now"

It works as of Today, March 22nd 2017 but for how long?

I can't spend hours troubleshooting something that should be a NO BRAINER FORD!

The modem should be called a "DOWNGRADE" and FORD should cut a check for 3 hours minimum of lost wages, and the increased electrical bill I saw from PG&E due to your new modem dumping my home profile for "Charge now" all the time.

Again - it worked fine before. Ford broke it.

It took the PG&E bill to realize something happened here...hmmm why did my average monthly cost go up by $75? Oh, because I waaayyy exceeded my allotted peak kilowatts unknowingly.

So I paid $75 for the crap modem replacement (Indirectly) via electrical cost overruns.

Ford can contact me directly if they need the backup data on the increased cost, and failure of the "value charge" function.

Seems an epic fail, class action thing. At least for those who pay high electric rates during the daytime hours.

I'd say folks better monitor their home electrical costs for the foreseeable future.

So an update on my issue.  As stated I was finally able to delete out my value charge profiles and add them back and the car now syncs without timing out.  However, the car still will not use the value charge profiles.  When I arrive at home the car does not go to the home profile and just stays on default.  MFM does show that the car is at home, but for some reason the car still does not switch to the home profile.  

Same Damn thing here.

"Home" value profile does nothing - Nothing! Only changing the default profile does anything..

COME ON FORD!

Still Same old Same old:

"work" and "Home" settings do nothing.

Work - set to ChargeNow: Car waits to charge unless default set to ChargeNow

Home - set to ValueCharge: Car starts charging anytime unless default set to ValueCharge

So in conclusion, ONLY THE DEFAULT charge setting does anything, even though the car knows where it is.

What is the solution?

I have not had my modem replaced. I didn't see the point since there are all these complaints about most of its functionality not working afterwards anyway. I also thought here in Canada we would have 2g coverage a little longer making replacing it now pointless but I was wrong and the MFM app and website can no longer communicate with the vehicle.

However my go times and value charging profiles still work correctly. I can only guess the vehicle has the old profiles still saved and is getting location data from the navigation system but seems very strange that it doesn't work for ppl with the new modem but does for me with a modem that doesn't even work.