Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Trying to figure out go times and remote starting

Cornstalks@yahoo.com

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I'd set up Go Time for 7:30 am M-F at 72 degrees, as its been quite cold here in the Mountains of North Crackalacky. Car wasn't preconditioned this morning, and the app says remote start completed at 10:58pm last night, and I was in bed out like a light. 

I've also tried using the remote start on the app, but when I go out to the car the climate control isn't on, and the car is just sitting there lit up asking for the key to start driving. So anyone have an idea what am I missing here? I thought I was fairly tech savvy until I got hold of this myfordmobile : )

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I'd set up Go Time for 7:30 am M-F at 72 degrees, as its been quite cold here in the Mountains of North Crackalacky. Car wasn't preconditioned this morning, and the app says remote start completed at 10:58pm last night, and I was in bed out like a light. 

I've also tried using the remote start on the app, but when I go out to the car the climate control isn't on, and the car is just sitting there lit up asking for the key to start driving. So anyone have an idea what am I missing here? I thought I was fairly tech savvy until I got hold of this myfordmobile : )

Have GO times been enabled in the car?  It can't be done from the app.  If not enabled it will look right but nothing will happen.  Also to get meaningful heating you need to be using a 240 volt EVSE.  The 120 volt EVSE that came with the car is limited to 120 volts times 12 amps = 1440 watts.  A 240 volt EVSE will operate at 240 volts times 16 amps = 3840 watts.  Set the temperature to 85° F.  If set to 72° and it overshoots the air conditioner will come on to bring it back down.

I don't use remote start.

I've never been able to get the Go Times to work properly. Not for charging, not for preconditioning... nothing.

So I'm not the only one. I'm thinking it's the clock. That damn clock has always been wonky between the car and the app. I got a message in a activities today saying my vehicle is scheduled to begin charging soon at 1:09 pm. I've never set up a charge time or a value charge schedule.

So when I posted this, at 12:24pm today, I removed the go times schedule from the app, and a bit later I get a notice saying Go Times have been synced at 5:14pm. Right now it's 3:47pm. Demonic possession?

I have a 240 volt EVSE. So power's not the issue.

Edited by Cornstalks@yahoo.com

Go into "My Account" from the MFM website and make sure your time zone is correct.  Others have reported that it has changed on them.

I checked it this A.M. The app was correct, the car time was correct, but the website had me in Hawaii. So maybe you're on to something. I'll keep trying, I'm stubborn that way!

• 1 month later...