Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Getting access to the fuse panel under the steering wheel

mikenmar

Does anyone have any tips on getting access to the fuse panel under the steering wheel?

I've pulled off the trim and I can see the fuse panel, but it's pretty far back in there.  I have large hands, and I can just barely squeeze them in far enough to touch the fuses with my finger tips.  I can't seem to pull out the #10 fuse though.  Does it require a special tool?

Edited by mikenmar

The tool should be on the lid of the fusebox or mounted right next to the fuses in the case itself... it's a small plastic clip looking thing either clear or white in color.  I used mine once years ago when I blew a couple fuses that went to my dome lights (I installed a LED in the trunk that put too much load on the system and blew the fuse).

Putting the clip back was very, very aggravating.  Rather than reach in to the hole, I would just view the box through the hole and reach around or under... was a little easier and I could see what I was doing.