Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2017 ford energi and the myford mobile app not working

lbenner

Mine is sorta working.  Sorta you ask??  Yes..   If i try to remote start or  lock/unlock the car, I get an error message on the app saying that the process failed.  However, if I go out to the car, I find that it is running (so the remote start actually worked).

Gotta love IT when it doesn't work!

I took delivery of my new Energi on 2-4-17. I have no idea of there was a modem replacement done, or if it had already been done, or wasn't in the range of those that needed it. However, my setup with MyFordMobile went flawlessly.

I rarely get any errors, except in the "News Feed" section. Start, lock, etc. all works fine.

I took delivery of my new Energi on 2-4-17. I have no idea of there was a modem replacement done, or if it had already been done, or wasn't in the range of those that needed it. However, my setup with MyFordMobile went flawlessly.

I rarely get any errors, except in the "News Feed" section. Start, lock, etc. all works fine.

I would hope that a 2017 was designed with the newer modem as standard.  Putting a 2G modem in a 2013 was a silly mistake because even then the shutdown of 2G service was known.

I have a 2017 Energi. It seems only half the time MFM works from my house when the car is within wifi range. The other half it says "timed out". Is this normal? Also, shouldn't I be able to use this anywhere? I have AT&T but wasn't sure if I needed to set something additional up.

The car uses a Ford AT&T account.  It doesn't matter who your cellphone carrier is.

Ok so I read it's free for the first 5 years. Now I just need to figure out how to make it work away from home. One would think you simply start the mobile app. I do that and it's never worked. I only think it works through my wifi, or either my signal in my driveway is bad. But that doesn't explain why it has never worked elsewhere.

Getting really frustrated here.  Bought a 16 Fusion a year ago.  Got a card in the mail saying the 2G (!) modem had to be replaced or my mobile app would not work.  Brought the car to the dealer in 11/16 - they tried but could not get the new modem to work, so put the old one back (after two visits and their having car for two days).  Since then they told me that there is a software problem that Ford knows about and is working on, that effects alot of Fusion Energis, and that they can't install a new one until the software issue is resolved.  So since Jan 1 2017 my mobile app has not functioned at all.  I have called the dealer periodically to find out when the fix would be ready and each time I get "they're working on it...."

So I'm a lawyer and this smells to me like a class action.  How in the world do you deliver cars in 2016 with 2G modems when ATT has been saying since 2012 that the days of 2G service would end on December 31, 2016?

If anyone wants to work with me on this, please send me a note.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my modem recall served 2 weeks ago in my 2016 FFE, and today the dealership left a VM saying they'd received the new software it requires but first they'll be trying it on an employee's Energi. If all is well they'll be calling back everyone who they'd done the replacement with in order to schedule updating. They'd previously made it sound like Ford had been working on this incompatibility for weeks beforehand, which coincides with the outages others on this forum have reported.

I'll update here as I learn more.

I had my modem recall served 2 weeks ago in my 2016 FFE, and today the dealership left a VM saying they'd received the new software it requires but first they'll be trying it on an employee's Energi. If all is well they'll be calling back everyone who they'd done the replacement with in order to schedule updating. They'd previously made it sound like Ford had been working on this incompatibility for weeks beforehand, which coincides with the outages others on this forum have reported.

I'll update here as I learn more.

What were your symptoms? After mine sits a few hours it loses connection. I have to go back to the dealer. 2017 model.

I had my modem recall served 2 weeks ago in my 2016 FFE, and today the dealership left a VM saying they'd received the new software it requires but first they'll be trying it on an employee's Energi. If all is well they'll be calling back everyone who they'd done the replacement with in order to schedule updating. They'd previously made it sound like Ford had been working on this incompatibility for weeks beforehand, which coincides with the outages others on this forum have reported.

I'll update here as I learn more.

Thank you for the head's up.   I have a 16 like you and the dealer was telling me that Ford has indeed been working on the software for months, not just weeks, since they found last fall that the install of the 3G modems were not working properly on 16 models.  My dealer said I'm on the top of their list of 16 people with the same problem, but I have not heard anything from them so far.  I think it's a great idea for your dealer to test the fix on one of their own cars considering how poorly this process has gone for everyone.