Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Replacing chrome window trim with black on 2017 Energi SE

cremefrasier

basically have every bolt on. intake / titanium headerback exhaust (i got the energi to balance this out haha). i have tein suspension and spoon x braces and all of that bs that is supposed to stiffen the chassis. otherwise i have front/side/rear diffusers for the look. i got the car in 03, its been very very good to me. ive been a long time member in s2ki.com for 10+ years its almost unreal to think about how fast the time has past.

and i agree, ive been thinking about selling it this year and i just dont think i can. theyre very under appreciated and i like that theyre a little more on the rare side. also cant beat the response/handling on a little RWD roadster. (sorry to highjack your thread with this post, ill share some window pics tomorrow to offset haha)

EDIT: its raining like crazy this AM, so i uploaded the taping of the chrome window trim. i may revisit this and clean it up a little bit but im satisfied for now. i may do the CF pillars like you did though =]

IMG 0010

Edited by JayyO

Love love love it! I'm in the same boat, the window trim isn't PERFECT but it's pretty damn good for awhile. Yours looks perfect man I love it.

I really wanna have a project car one day I know they can be money pits but there's nothing like that satisfaction of saying "I built that". I want a RWD coupe for my next car. I've only ever driven FWD econoboxes and they serve their purpose for sure but I really want to experience some of that RWD pleasure.

Enjoy looking back at your Energi every time you park, I get a little smile every time I do. I'm trying to decide if I wanna do the hood scoop in CF but I'm not sure it that would be overkill

^^ im with you .. i think the biggest change was blacking out the ford logo, it really helped shape and accent the grill. it is really sporting a much cleaner look now and i can see it separating itsself from the other 9099092809890 fusions out there haha, i DO find myself looking at it much more ... the RWD is fun man, theres a huge difference between the under steer in an FWD and the oversteer in a RWD but the differences are night and day. esp with the S2000 its more of a purist car, there are basically no luxury options and its perfectly fine =] at this point in my life im doing graphic design but formerly i was a mechanic working on european cars / imports for a 5-6 years. definitely a good skillset to have because i dont trust anyone with any of my cars haha, but that feeling of accomplishment is definitely there. ive really been wanting an FD RX-7 to tinker with, or pick up an old harley and turn it into a bobber. way too many toys right now though

Edited by JayyO

Basically just cut strips of the CF vinyl and did it carefully to make sure the CF pattern matched. i dont think the sides match exact but it was good enough to look as if it switched pattern at the bend. the blow dryer and patience was my best friend there just wrapping from top to bottom and folding over the lip of the outer grill.

im going to research today the easiest way to pull out the inner grill inserts, unless you know how? im positive its just as simple as pulling them out with force but i also dont want to break the tabs 

Ok so you cut multiple pieces as opposed to one giant one? I had my grille plastidipped at a shop so they took the whole bumper off to do it

I found this thread on 2gfusions

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4049

Also,

Check out towerdecals.com they have sick vinyl emblem overlays with a bunch of different colors. I got CF with blue ford lettering and it's soooo sick.

I just ordered pre cut taillight, headlight and foglight tint from lamin-x because the vinyl I applied to my tails is peeling around the edges. I got charcoal for the tailights and gunsmoke for the heads. I'll post a new thread one I get everything applied