Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Ordered one Today

MarkK

The lease on my Infiniti Q70 is coming due, and I think it is time to get a car which gets more than 19 mpg.

I looked at the great reviews and the incentives, and I took a short test drive today. The car drives well, it is comfortable, the one I ordered has all the nice features of the Infiniti - except for 300+ hp --- so I put down a deposit. I ordered a Platinum White Titanium Energi, it will have 18" wheels, ceramic interior, Driver Assistance, mostly to get the heated wheel (!), and Navigation. The fit and finish were up to the expectations of any luxury car I've seen, but with one difference: I can go 20+ miles on a charge with no gas. I guess everyone here knows that. And then get Hybrid numbers.

The car is due in around May 1, more or less, my old lease is done a month later, so this should work. The dealer  signed on the order that if the Ford incentives drop so that my lease is higher than the nice number we worked out, I get my deposit back. But then the excellent saleswoman told me privately that she's never seen the incentive worse than now, so I guess I will get this car. The car is coming in at about $9k less than MSRP more or less. If they have any very low price money (loan) options, I might just buy it.....one of my Porsche's was bought on a zero dollar loan, I had brought a check for the full amount, but the dealer told me about their nice loan.

One benefit: I am retired, I put about 8000 miles per year on any car. I go to the local gym about 3-4 times a week for 2+ hours, and the gym is in a municipal complex which has 4 or 6 charging stations which are no cost and never occupied. And of course my garage has a regular 110V outlet. And my driving is 95% less than 20-30 miles at a time, so I am thinking I will use very very little gas. We'll see. It will be fun to see after a year...

I will keep everyone posted, but I am very psyched.

Mark