Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Automatic System Updates....Scanning for Updates

Davidoo

I've had my 2017 Energi Titanium since 12/15/16.  I'm a little OCD about updates, so every few days I make sure my Energi is connected to my WiFi in the garage and have it check for updates.  This is in the General Settings, Automatic System Updates.  Usually it would just spin a few seconds and say there were no updates.  Now, over the last few days the icon just spins forever and eventually disappears and says "last check for updates 1/21/17."  Anyone know why it would suddenly not to be able to check for updates, or is there an update pending that is too large to download.  It shows the WiFi connection as Excellent.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mine updated to version 2.3 quite a while ago.  I posted this thread (link below) on these forums about it.  Before the update, mine was also stuck with an "last scan unsuccessful" for a couple of months.  To get it to scan properly again, I had to do a reset of the system, then scanned again and the update started downloading.  I have it check for updates every few days even though I'm pretty sure the 2.3 I have is the latest version.  Now mine is failing and says the last successful scan was 1/15/18.  Guess I will eventually do a reset again if I hear a new version is coming out.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/5161-sync-just-updated-to-version-23-via-wifi/

Edited by Davidoo

• 2 weeks later...

I messed with the auto update feature of '17 for too long, trying everything I could think of. Finally gave in and did the USB update process and it worked fine, so I'm now on version 2.3. However, I did have to use a PC, since the MAC version of the USB file download does not work (no program I know of will properly decode the compressed files). 

• 3 weeks later...

Just updated from Sync3 version 2.0 to 3.0 over USB on my 2017 FFE Platinum.  The over the air option did not work for me.  It started to download the update but then the download froze up even though the wifi was working just fine.  I did do a reset of the system before updating via USB.  Over the air update might have worked had I let it try again, but decided would just be easier to update it via USB.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to get my update to work for weeks. Can't do it via USB on Mac or PC, or Wifi update over the air even though Wifi is fine. 

It gets MEM_ERR03. I bought a brand new 32gb flash drive from Amazon. Formatted it Ex-Fat. Downloaded the files from my Mac but as the person said above it doesn't format the files correctly and doesn't even try to update. Then did the same thing on a PC and worked fine. System says updating system for about 15 mins and then I get this message below. Tried the Master Reset and lost all my SirusXM presets (glad I took pics of each bank first) and still doesn't work. Tried over Wifi and doesn't work either.

ZGHFfRS.jpg