Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Commercials on TV

Pg3ibew

On national TV, no.  I have seen a Focus Electric one on Youtube here and there, and I have seen the Focus Electric rolled in to some national ad from Ford that showed most of the fleet.  Never seen an ad for a Tesla, Volt, Bolt, Fusion Hybrid/Energi... only one I ever saw was a Toyota Prius being chased by a ton of police (it was a commercial series, which was amusing) because bank robbers were driving one.  I sort of remember another ad by Toyota that said they hybridized 5 vehicles.  But for plug-in specific?  Never.

And yet, the auto makers complain that sales for electrified vehicles are lackluster, but have no problem playing ads for the F150 or Chevy Silverado... over, and over, and over.

Towards the end of 2016 and the beginning of this year I saw an Energi commercial quite often. In fact, it's what led me to lease the car because of the incentives going on at the time. Now, I only see ads for the regular Fusion and for the Escape, but haven't seen an Energi commercial in a little while.