Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Worth it to trade in a 15 Fusion Hybrid SE for 17 Energi Titanium+?

Jadei

I have a 15 FFH SE (deep impact blue) with MyFordTouch Navigation, heated seats, rear parking sensors, keyless entry which I bought new two years ago.  I've only put about 22000 miles on it so have 12 months/14000 miles left on the factory warranty.  KBB is showing a trade-in value of 14k or so while I have a little over 11k left on the 0% loan.  I love my car but would love a few extras like adaptive cruise control and the newer Sync.

Yesterday online I saw some used 2017 Energi Titaniums at my Ford dealer.  These were apparently bought at auction from other Ford dealers judging by the Carfax they link for each car.  Most likely demo cars or courtesy cars for a dealers fleet.  The two I'm interested in have all the extras: moonroof, active park, cooled seats, adaptive cruise, nav, rear inflatable seatbelts, and driver assist package with BLIS and MyFord mobile (phone app).

This dealer has a no haggle price thing and they price these around $24k with 12 month, 12000 mile certified pre-owned warranty.  One has 8k miles and the other 12k.  Checking KBB if I owned a car like this the trade in to a dealer would be around $21k.  I realize that's not something reliable but it's ballpark.  I'm really interested.  I love my current color though.  I'm still warming up to the ruby red and burgandy velvet though.  Especially burgandy since that is on the one with 8k.

So assuming I buy one at $24k and trade my car in for $15k, minus what I owe on loan, I'm looking at around $10k more financed if I'm lucky.  So I would be financing $21k total or so.  I would want to be around $20k financed and will probably tell them that if I do go in to test drive/buy.

Is it worth it?  Is there anything I should look out for when test driving?  Any other thoughts?  I'm only considering this since a) dealer is like 2 miles away, b) I want all the cool stuff, esp. ACC and mobile app, oh and plug in EV range of course!

Edited by Jadei