Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car thinks its plugged in, port blinking blue.

tommyk203

Just today, I got about a 100 messages from my fusion today while at work, stating that the car is not charging.  I do not charge my car at work.  I disregarded the messages as I didn't have any time today during work to take a look.  When I went out to my car, my key fob would not work.  I had to slide the door lock cover off of the driver side door and use my physical key to enter the vehicle.  Once in, I attempted to start the car.  The car would not start as it thought it was plugged in.  A message appeared on the dash asking if the car was plugged in, I've never seen that message before.  I said no, but the car still did not start.  I tuned the key off and then back on again, at which point the car did start.  Anyone have any suggestions as to whats going on.  I called my dealership, but they can't get me in until next week!  I ran a vehicle health report and they said that everything was ok.  Once I got home, I tried plugging the car in and unplugging it, but the problem persists.  Any thoughts?  Maybe someone from Ford can help?

A video of the issue, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BysAiqsWdS3ETHdraFlfaHlXRmc/view?usp=sharing

• 3 years later...
On 6/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, tommyk203 said:

Just today, I got about a 100 messages from my fusion today while at work, stating that the car is not charging.  I do not charge my car at work.  I disregarded the messages as I didn't have any time today during work to take a look.  When I went out to my car, my key fob would not work.  I had to slide the door lock cover off of the driver side door and use my physical key to enter the vehicle.  Once in, I attempted to start the car.  The car would not start as it thought it was plugged in.  A message appeared on the dash asking if the car was plugged in, I've never seen that message before.  I said no, but the car still did not start.  I tuned the key off and then back on again, at which point the car did start.  Anyone have any suggestions as to whats going on.  I called my dealership, but they can't get me in until next week!  I ran a vehicle health report and they said that everything was ok.  Once I got home, I tried plugging the car in and unplugging it, but the problem persists.  Any thoughts?  Maybe someone from Ford can help?

A video of the issue, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BysAiqsWdS3ETHdraFlfaHlXRmc/view?usp=sharing

On 6/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, tommyk203 said:

• 2 weeks later...