Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Shifts from L to N without trigger but not D to N?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 475 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:2014 fusion energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

Without pulling the trigger on the shifter:

With my foot on the accelerator the shifter often slips all the way from L to N.

With my foot off the accelerator it will only go from L to D, unless I pull the trigger.

When in D, with my foot on or off the accelerator, it will not slip into N, unless I pull the trigger.

Anyone else??

Edited by openair, 17 July 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

From l I can go back to d without pushing the button. From d to n I need to push the button.

This is on my Cmax.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Yea, it goes from L to D without the button every time. That's not what I'm talking about. With my foot on accelerator it will go from L, straight through D, into N without pulling the trigger. Without my foot on the accelerator it stops at D.

Edited by openair, 18 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Interesting.  I'm going to plug my car in to charge it up a little bit so I can try it.  Its empty now (hybrid battery only) -- already used it today to go to Cambridge and back.

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Ok, I went and drove up and down my street for 1.1 miles.  Its not consistent, but I did manage to make it happen going from L all the way back to D but in my case only when my foot was OFF the accelerator.  I don't know the condition that makes it happen, but I tried several times and 2 times I was able to go all the way back to N.  I never do this anyways I usually go 1 click at a time from D to L and back but I tested for you to see what happens.

At the end of the day its not really an issue and you should be pushing it 1 click at a time not shoving the shifter forward to the stop.  Just do that, call it a bug, and don't lose sleep over it :)

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 18 July 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for testing but I could have done without the arrogance and condescension. Of course I'm not trying to put it into N. Of course I'm trying to move it one click at a time but it slips into N with little to no difference in number or sound of click(s). Unless I'm extremely careful and push it very slowly it does what it wants.

When shifting from L to D, without the trigger, there is significant resistance to over come. There is no such resistance from D to N when it wants to go all the way from L to N. So I have to first push hard enough to over come this resistance, then know the exact point I will over this resistance so that I can suddenly stop before it actually makes the click noise. As the noise occurs when it has reached D or N. Not before.

This is not correct. The behaviour should not change whether my foot is on the accelerator or not and at the very least there should be equal resistance between D and N as between D and L. Otherwise I have to take my eyes off the road to avoid accidentally putting it in N and the added wear of the sudden torque of putting it back into D from N at highway speeds.

Edited by openair, 19 July 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Arrogance?  Oooh, sorry I replied, I guess I should keep my mouth shut  :(   Was trying to help now I got in trouble...

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·